008

kaitlynbright is LIVE on Instagram!

"helloooo guys, i'm here with a very unspecial guest who nobody knows or cares about." she grabbed walker's shirt and tugged him into the frame.

"is this youtube or tiktok?" he asked, mind unfogging. he had just been engrossed in the new chalice of the gods book, and for once kaitlyn was trying to get him to stop reading and hang out with her rather than the other way around.

"instagram. you were being boring and lame so i went live!" she stuck her tongue out at him.

"did you just call rick riordan's new masterpiece dedicated to me leah and aryan boring and lame?? i'll let him know."

"don't do that!" she pushed his head out of the frame. he buried his head in the sheets. "i'm bored."

"wanna go downstairs and make food?"

"yeah!" he shot up and scrambled out of the room.

"he's so excited about food that he just leaves me here. that fatass." she grumbled, pushing herself up off the bed and following him downstairs.

user9 theyve been hanging out sm lately

user0 YESSS CHALICE OF THE GODS

user02 omg kaitlyn is so stunning wtf. 

user1 KAITLYNNN WE'VE MISSED U

"now where on earth..." she flicked the light on in the dark kitchen before screeching and jumping back. "WALKER SCOBELL. WHY ARE YOU LURKING ON MY COUNTER. YOU LOOK LIKE A SKINWALKER."

he laughed and jumped down. "i was trying to find ingredients for the cookies."

"cookies?"

"cookies that we're going to make right now because i said so."

"this is my house and my kitchen, mister." she said, but she started opening cupboards and taking out things like flour and sugar. he grabbed a giant orange pair of scissors and started cutting the bag of flour.

"relax. jesus. we just ate, you can't be THAT hungr-"

POOF. walker had cut the middle of the bag instead of the top, and the bag exploded in a white cloud of dust. there was a moment of silence as walker, shocked, started backing away with his hands up as flour spilled all over the kitchen floor.

user9 OHHH SHIT

user00 WALKER OMFG.

user55 UH OH

"i'm sorry. i'm sorry. I'M SORRY KAIT I'M SORRY."

"WALKERSCOBELLTHISKITCHENISAMESSIMGOINGTOKILLYOUNOCOOKIESFORYOU." she jumped on top of him, knocking him to the ground as he gasped with laughter. she ran to the couch, and just after he had scrambled to his feet, she came back with  a pillow from the living room couch, and after chasing him around the kitchen island, she started smacking him in the face with it. he looked like  the pillsbury doughboy with all of the flour coating him.

"YOU'RE GETTING FLOUR IN MY BEAUTIFUL HAIRRRRR." he yelled. she ran her flour-covered hands through his curls, messing them up. he started throwing flour at her. "let it gooo. let it goooo. can't hold it back anymoreee." she tried to hold her laugh in as she smeared flour all over his face. he shoved her away, and she shoved him into the counter.

"OW!" he yelped, jumping and clutching his elbow. 

then there was a moment.

a quick five second gaze, so subtle you could've missed it. walker rubbing his elbow, his back up against the counter, with kaitlyn barely an inch away, both of them covered in flour, although you could barely tell with how pink walker's cheeks were getting. he felt warm all over, even hot, as she stared into his eyes with a menacing - but altogether loving - glare.

"you have a little bit of flour on your face." she joked in a softer voice, reaching up to wipe a little bit off of his cheek with her thumb.

their noses were inches apart. he could just tilt his head a quarter of an inch, lean in, and - what? why was he even thinking about that?

"thanks." he turned away quickly so that he was no longer pinned against the counter and ran to the closet to get a broom. 

"after we clean up, i'm still making cookies!" he shouted over his shoulder in an attempt to play it off. his heart was pounding, and his face was blazing red.

what was that??

user7 DID ANYONE ELSE JUST SEE THAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW.

user1 tell me they didnt just almost kiss TELL ME.

user11 rip the cookies that couldve been 💔

user26 THE KITCHEN IS A MESSSS GUYS

"you guys are insane." kaitlyn said, shaking her head as she read the comments. but she'd felt it, too. what the hell was that? 

she turned around to hide her pink cheeks. when walker came back holding the broom up in the air triumphantly, they both acted like nothing had happened. pretty soon, they'd both forgotten about it.

but something so tiny, barely visible or able to be sensed, had shifted between them, although they didn't yet realize. 

a door had been opened just a crack.

 author speaks
if someone spilled flour all over my kitchen id acc kill them and i would not be cleaning it up at all they would be cleaning it up