016

kaitlynbright some nights all i think about is you

liked by johnnieguilbert and 345k others

dior.n.goodjohn i miss u so much pretty baby
kaitlynbright miss u sm ft me!!

leahsavajeffries KAITLYNNN
kaitlyn LEAHHH

user4 walker didn't comment???

user1 SO PRETTY

iamcharliebushnell we need to talk!!!!
kaitlynbright when i get back fam dw

goatboyaryan idk what happened but he is so unwell please come home
sushiluvr09 if he wants me to come home he can tell me himself.

leenascobell so so cute

user8 WHERES WALKERS COMMENT

user4 GUYS WALKER DIDN'T LIKE 

load more comments...

they had been in florida having the time of their lives for five days, but kaitlyn felt empty.

a piece of her was missing. the longest she'd gone without texting walker since they met was a day, when they'd gotten in a fight over something stupid, and it was one of the hardest days ever. she felt completely devastated. all the sunsets, swimming, good food, late-night conversations with lily and connor's sister abbie, and moments with connor felt like nothing. she would've given anything to be with her best friend.

but was he even her best friend anymore?

he was more than that. he was a part of her, the better part of her, to be exact. but was he more than that more than that?

she thought of every time connor hugged her, gave her one of those sideways smiles, or kissed her cheek. she thought of all the nice things he'd done for her.

then she thought of walker's laugh. she thought of her best friend, of the feelings she'd been fighting since the day they met.

i unlock all the feelings, she told herself. i admit it. i like him.

"i like him." she whispered to herself, just to see what it felt like. immediately it was like a wave of longing crashed into her. all of the stolen glances, all of the times when her head rested on his shoulder, when their hands brushed together and she felt like she'd stuck her fingers in an electrical socket, meant more than they used to.

"i love him." 

that didn't feel new. she had always loved him.

"i'm in love with him." she said aloud. the words came surprisingly easily. 

and just with her saying that, she knew.

there was no coming back from this. 

she had to go home.

"connor? really, you love him already?" lily whispered incredulously. kaitlyn looked up, startled.

"no, lily, i-"

"because before you two start dating, i wanted to say something. i've liked connor since i was five years old, and you're great and all, but i don't think it's fair that-"

"lily, lily, relax. it's not him, it's walker. i'm in love with him. i need to go home." she felt immense relief in saying those words. 

"you like... walker scobell?"

"so you've been leading my brother on? and lily, you like connor?" abbie shrieked. the door banged open and connor flicked on the light. his expression made it clear that he had heard everything.

"connor." lily breathed, looking at him in shock. she looked at her, then at him, and then realized what dior had meant all along. it's the way you look at him. 

lily looked at connor like he had created the moon and stars just for her. she saw her own gaze mirrored in lily's face. and then she saw hurt in connor's eyes and knew she had to do damage control.

"connor, i'm so, so sorry, but i need to go home."

"just..." he rubbed his forehead. "was it something i did?"

"no. connor, you're amazing. it's just..."

"i'm not him." he conceded. "it's okay. i could kind of tell. i'm at peace with it." 

he then looked over at lily in a new way, tilting his head as if needing to see her from another angle, in another light. as if he was seeing her for the first time.

"i have to go now."

"it's ten p.m."

"connor, no offense, but tomorrow is going to be really awkward, and i don't think i want to be here for it anyways. tell your parents thank you for having me." her suitcase was already packed - she had never unpacked it. and she had fallen asleep in her jean shorts and tshirt from the day before. she jumped up, suddenly full of energy, and grabbed the suitcase.

"i'll buy a ticket at the airport. lily, i love you, and i'm sorry. abbie, it was great to meet you, and i'm sorry. connor, i'm sorry too, but i think you know what you need to do now." he nodded, dazed, as kaitlyn ran out the door.

it was the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere. she had a nearly impossible plan in mind. but somehow, she felt less scared than she had in days.

three chapters in a day?? i'm rly great ik