021

TikTok - fantheories (5.5M Followers) posted a video "walker and kaitlyn???"

"welcome back to fan theories! i'm emma, and today we're discussing the potential relationship between percy jackson star walker scobell and another percy jackson star kaitlyn bright, who is also a prominent youtuber." a smiling, fast-talking, purple-haired girl's face filled the TV screen. 

although such a video normally would have made everyone laugh, the conference room was dead silent. 

"first and foremost, their fellow cast members drop hints all the time. this is a comment from costar aryan simhadri under one of kaitlyn's recent instagram posts, where she looks stunning might i add, saying 'walker is hyperventilating'. this is one of the many hashtag kalker comments that the cast has made, including this clip in kaitlyn's 'beach vlog' youtube video that has amassed over five million views." the video played the clip of dior talking, showing a screenshot from the video of kaitlyn and walker in each other's arms.

"guys, me and aryan just wanted to let you all know that walker and kaitlyn are fully cuddling over there."

"they're not dating!"

"yeah, but we have to act like it so they'll get there eventually."

"although this could just be a drawn-out inside joke, there are multiple pictures and videos of the two in very close quarters, with many posts of them even sleeping over at each others' houses. while the cast claimed that these are group sleepovers, none of the pictures showcase any other cast members." the girl noted.

"we're not invited." aryan tried for a joke to lighten the mood, which didn't work.

"there are also these paparazzi photos of the two crossing the street holding hands, and most prominently, this picture, which some speculate could be walker and kaitlyn."

a blurry photo showed up on the screen of a tall blond boy bending down to kiss a short girl. it was just their silhouettes, and the only thing really visible was walker's blond curls, but it was, in fact, a photo of them.

"another thing is that they were rarely seen apart for the entire summer, which seems a bit much, even for best friends. they were spotted or posted with other members of the cast a total of fifteen times throughout the entire summer... but were seen or posted with each other one on one about thirty-five times. as summer is only about ninety-four days long, and the times they posted each other were probably less than half of the time they spent together, they could have spent over seventy-five percent of the summer together. hard to believe there's nothing romantic going on there, or that nothing romantic was even considered."

"but i don't know. me personally, i totally think they're dating, but others would disagree. let me know what you think down in the comments." the video started over. 

walker's agent, victoria, turned the TV off. "i don't know, guys." she sighed. "this video has gone viral. a few entertainment networks have even picked it up. but i still think confirming it would be the wrong move."

"this wouldn't even be a problem if it weren't for these two being so reckless, and you guys being so... grossly supportive." kaitlyn's agent, marie, glared at dior, leah, and aryan. 

kaitlyn finally spoke. "i don't think it's a problem. the fans would support it. rick already knows. i just don't see why it's an issue." walker squeezed her hand under the table.

"the issue is that if you break up, fans will be divided. you don't know the lengths they go to nowadays. your youtube channel and walker's new movie could each respectively lose a lot of viewers and ratings."

"we're not going to break up." walker said calmly, solidly. kaitlyn looked at him, her heart melting.

marie laughed. "you're too young. of course you're going to break up."

"and then again, maybe we will. but nothing is going to ever stop us from being best friends, ever. we'll always support each other." kaitlyn spoke.

"we're not going to break up." walker repeated, shaking his head.

victoria sighed and looked at the other adults in the room - kaitlyn and walkers' parents and agents.

"it'll get out eventually. i think they should just go public." kaitlyn's mom suggested. walkers' parents nodded an assent.

marie threw up her hands. "fine. do whatever you want. but don't get mad at me when it bites you two in the butt."

walker practically leapt for his phone. "i'm posting you right now right now right now-" he ran out of the room. kaitlyn laughed and ran after him. the rest of the cast followed them out.

"i think this is a bad idea, too, marie," said walker's dad. "but they're just kids. they have to learn somehow."

victoria nodded in agreement. marie rolled her eyes. the room fell silent once again.