𝟏𝟕

"Two million?"

"Two million?"

"Yes."

"You want to buy Tex Industries for two million?"

"That is what I said, Mr. Montgomery. Should I say it in Spanish?"

He shakes his head—a fearful look in his eyes. He should be scared. This two million dollars could save their industry. Without it, they won't last another month before crashing to the ground. I had no intentions on helping them after denying them years ago, but a little birdie changed my mind.

I made a single call over, and Tex was on it in seconds. I knew they wouldn't let an opportunity like this slip by; I knew they wouldn't give up on Ziya Caddel supporting them, and damn sure not two million dollars. Nobody else is offering funds this high—if offering anything at all. I raise my eyebrows, waiting for a guaranteed answer.

"I'll have to call my boss!" Montgomery jumps, hastily pulling out his phone, "I've just recently become a small sponsor."

"Go ahead," I answer, relaxing in my seat, "I heard you also added a woman by the name of Kylie."

"Uh—yes! She seemed promising. Her application mentioned a partnership with you."

"It did, hm?"

"Yes, ma'am."

I hum, not giving a direct response as he leaves my office to make the call. James enters afterwards—a bag, coffee, and a smile coming with him. I watch him, amused at his seemingly happy attitude. I mean, James is always happy—but not bouncing when he walks happy. He plops down in one of the seats before me, sliding me my usual order of coffee.

"Is this you giving Nadia a break?" I ask, accepting the drink and the bag. I open it to see the treats that quickly became a favorite.

"This is me celebrating a win...and something else."

"We haven't won anything, yet, and do I get to know about this something else?"

James shakes his head, giddy all over like a premature high school boy. I leave it alone, not wanting to ruin his apparent high, and dig into the bag. Today has surely been eventful. After finalizing things with the police, I killed all rumors that surfaced about me and my business. Then I called Tex Industries to let them know I had time to discuss things. Now, here I am, about to settle a deal and crush a few people while I'm at it. No hard feelings. It's just business.

Montgomery saunters back into my office with a new confidence, a proud smile on his face. James sneaks a look at me before leaving with the same bounce in his step. I watch him leave with squinted eyes, again curious about his new attitude. The door closes behind him, and I turn my attention to Montgomery.

"Our team is heading here as we speak. They'd like an immediate meeting to discuss things more throughly. I mentioned the price, but they'd like the why in what in a little more detail, if that's okay."