Chapter 13

October 17th 2023
-
Sophia's POV

"What was it you wanted to talk about?"

"The kiss."...

Shit, that was the one thing I was hoping he wouldn't say. How can I explain it to him when I don't understand it myself?

"What about it?"

"Why'd you do it?"

"I don't know."

"That's it? YOU FUCKING KISS ME AND THEN JUST LEAVE, WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THAT?" He loses his temper at me and I can once again feel the past five years worth of rage bubbling up within me.

"YOU ABANDONED ME AND YOUR DAUGHTER. YOU DON'T THINK WE DIDN'T DESERVE THAT?"

"YOU GOT PREGNANT ON PURPOSE. HOW DID THAT MAKE ME FEEL, HUH? YOU BETRAYED ME SOPH. I FUCKING LOVED YOU AND YOU WENT AND DID THAT."

"HOW DARE YOU? YOU DON'T THINK I WAS EQUALLY AS SCARED? YOU KICKED US OUT."

"YEAH AND YOU LEFT STRAIGHT AFTER YOU KISSED ME."

"IT HURTS, DEAL WITH IT. YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU PUT ME THROUGH, US THROUGH." I say us unsure whether I mean me and him,  myself and Ava or the three of us as a family unit.

"WHY'D YOU LEAVE? JUST FUCKING TELL ME." The artery on his neck is protruding and his face is starting to turn red with anger.

"Because I'm scared, I'm feeling things for you that I swore I'd never feel again." I quieten my tone of voice, realising shouting with get us nowhere.

"AND I'M NOT SCARED? YOU ARE SO SELFISH!"

"I'm not the one who abandoned my daughter and left my pregnant girlfriend homeless and riddled with insecurities. If you ask me, that's pretty selfish." I say to try and make him understand where I'm coming from.

"So the kiss meant nothing to you?"

"Of course it did but I can't risk getting hurt like that again."

"You know what, fuck you Soph. Really, fuck you." He says calmly, I don't like that. I'd much rather be screamed at, this feels like something bad is coming.

"Ava wants to stay tonight. Is that ok?" I say hoping to lighten the mood a little.

"Fine." He huffs and runs his hand over his face. "You leaving now or what?"

"Huh?"

"GET OUT!"

I feel my heart shatter. I get an overwhelming sense of déjà vu.
This room, five years ago was where he shouted those same words at me. Then I left with nothing but our unborn child, now I leave with nothing.

I can't force Ava to come home with me, not when she wants to be with her dad. I'll sit in my apartment and cry myself to sleep.

"I'll pick her up in the morning." I mumble as I head out to the hallway and retrive my jacket from the floor.

Just as I reach for the door, it swings open and I'm left standing face to face with the girls...

A/N - hopefully another chapter will be out tomorrow.

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

~ Im 💕