Chapter 45

October 31st 2023
-
Sophia's POV

Myself and Paul are awaiting the arrival of somebody from People Magazine.

Still stuck in my hospital room, I feel helpless and out of control of everything happening around me.

Paul suggested I do an interview, gain back a little control and introduce myself to the world. I won't be speaking on the assult but more so my current relationship with Marshall, although even I'm not sure myself where we lie.

Yesterday, Paul confirmed the photographs that were on Fox News were indeed real and when I checked my phone this morning, social media was blowing up with mine and my little girls face.

Hashtags are trending. Thousands of people now follow my social media accounts. News articles are speculating and I'd even seen a couple suggesting I may be pregnant again.

People somehow seem to know everything about me.

A knock sounds on the door causing me to be pulled from my thoughts and Paul to look up from his laptop.

"Hi, I'm from People Magazine looking for Miss Whitely, I guess I'm in the correct place?" A young girl asks as she pushes the door open.

"You're in the right place. Paul, good to meet you." He says, standing up and holding out his hand as she shakes it.

I try to get out of the bed but quickly realise my stitches will most likely tear if I do it on my own so I discreetly cough to get Paul's attention as the young girl sets up.

He turns to look at me and I smile and wave him over.

"Can you help? I could really so without another surgery right now."

"Course." He says and holds my arms, helping me to gently lift myself up before linking my arm and helping me slowly walk to the table and couch in the corner of the room where the interview will be held.

As we approach, the young girl looks up and gives me a warm smile as she stands and shakes my hand.

"Hi, I'm Sophia. Pleasure to meet you." I greet her as Paul helps me into a seat before sitting beside me.

"I'm Jessy. Oh, I almost forgot, these are for you from everyone at People. We hope your recovery goes well." She says and hands me a small bouquet of flowers.

"Aw, thanks. Thats so thoughtful."

She places a small recording device onto the table.

"Just so we get everything down, if we relied solely on my memory and note taking your interview would consist of about three sentances in the final write up." She says, a hint of humour in her voice.

"I'd be exactly the same."

"This is your first interview, right?" I nod in response to her.

Paul's phone starts to ring and as he glances down to look at the caller ID his brows nit into a frown.

"Not him again." He says rolling his eyes. "Ladies, I have to take this. Jessy, feel free to begin whenever the two of you are ready." He says, sounding frustrated. "It's Marshall, can't get him off my back." He says and leaves the two of us alone.

"You ready? Remember, if you want anything cutting from the final write up, you just let me know. I know the media twists things but that's not how I work. I'm not here to trick you, I'm just here to get some facts and do my job, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or pressured into anything." She says sincerely.

"Thank you and I'm ready."

She presses record on the device and opens up a small notebook, revealing a list of questions.

"So Miss Whitely, you have been propelled into the spotlight overnight all because of your affiliation with rapper Eminem. May I ask, how did the two of you first meet?"

I take a deep breath before I answer, trying to swallow my many nerves...

A/N - i can't remember ever writing about how Sophia and Marshall met so now is the time.

Any predictions for how they met?

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

~ Im 💕