Chapter 16

October 17th 2023
-
Marshall's POV

*Warning, this chapter contains scenes of domestic abuse.*

I fucking hate Soph right now. How dare she make my daughters hate me? This is all her fault.

Hailie just slapped me and screamed in my face, she's lucky she's my daughter. Anyone else would have been picking their teeth up off the floor and honestly it took a lot for me to restrain myself in that moment.

I can hear Stevie sobbing behind me, Alaina with a blank cold expression on her face and she hugs an upset Soph.

Just as Hailie makes it near to the door, Ava appears.

Hailie freezes and Ava just looks very confused. It takes a second but when everyone finally notices Ave, I hear Alaina let out a small gasp.

Ava walks around Hailie and goes to stand by the window, most likely overwhelmed and confused by the group of crying people in the room.

Hailie turns and glares at me. "Poor child looks like you, the man who wanted her killed." Hailie seethes and begins to walk towards Ava, everyone in the room, bar Ava, watching her every move.

She stands a little behind her so as not to scare her.

"Hey, you're Ava?" Hailie speaks softly, a stark contrast to the way she just addressed me.

Ava turns and nods a little, showing her a smile.

"I'm Hailie, it's really cool to meet you." She says and at the end turns and glares at me once more.

"Why is everyone upset? Everybody went quiet when I came, did I do something bad?" Ava asks innocently.

"Oh no, no, you did nothing wrong. We just had a little argument but you don't need to worry about it ok?" Hailie tries to explain without any of the details.

"Mommy's crying. Mommy never cries." Ava says as she walks over and hugs Soph. I feel a sudden rush of anger, how dare Soph hug my little girl, after everything she's done today. How dare she try and get a fourth child on her side?

"Yeah, mommy's pretty strong, huh?" Ava nods in response to Hailie and walks back over to her.

"How do you know mommy and daddy?" Ava asks Hailie, Soph musn't have gone into much detail about the girls with her.

Hailie looks a little taken aback by the question and I see her glance over at Soph who nods, telling her she can explain. I feel my anger rise again as I realise nobody is going to ask about if I want this news broken to Ava.

"Well-" Hailie starts but I interrupt.

"Soph, I need a word." I say as I head towards the hallway. I hear Sophia excuse herself and Hailie tell Ava she'll explain in a minute.

"What's up?" Soph asks coldly. Who gave her permission to use an attitude with me? I did nothing wrong.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Coming in here and messin' my fuckin' family up." I whisper yell at her, knowing Ava is only on the other side of the wall.

"I'd love for you to tell me what I did because from where I'm standing it seems as though you bought this mess upon yourself." She maintains her cold tone.

"You're such a fucking bitch." I feel ready to explode with anger.

"Its funny. Karma can be a bitch and so can I. I always knew karma would slap you across the face eventually, I'm just glad I got to witness when it did." She says with a smirk on her face.

How I'd love to slap that smile right off. I think to myself and find myself doing something I swore I'd do to no woman again.

I grab her by the collar of her shirt and throw her face-first against the wall, she hits it with a loud thud. She turns and tries to scratch my face but I easily overpower her.

"You ruined my fucking family." I say against her ear. I pull my arm back and swing at her face, landing a punch directly onto her nose. I'm not worried about her saying anything, after that punch she seems pretty dazed. I don't care if she does, my body and mind are too clouded with anger.

"Hey, is everything ok out there?" I hear Alaina shout from the other room. "What was that noise?"

"We're good, I just knocked something." I hear no furthur sounds from her and go back to punching her, swing another two times. I feel her go heavy, she's knocked out.

My hands are now coated with a layer of her blood but I don't mind, it kind of makes me happy.

I let her body drop down to the floor, watching the blood pour from her nose and mouth with a psychotic level of satisfaction.

I feel as though my anger hasn't yet subsided and get the urge to carry on so I raise my foot and send a kick straight to her stomach. I repeat this so many times that I lose count.

I lose touch with reality, my eyes can only focus on her. I can no longer hear the girls talking in the other room, only my foot making contact with the bitch's stomach.

I feel a pair of hands grab my arms and drag me back, away from her.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" I know that voice, that's Nathan.

I turn and see him with a look somewhere between worried, scared and pissed off. I notice him glance to his right and I follow his gaze to see Ashley and Audrianna trying to hide Liam and Carter behind them, all four of them looking terrified.

"She deserves it." I answer him.

He looks down at her, his gaze softening as he does so.

"THE FUCK? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" He screams again and crouched down beside her, checking the extent of her injuries.

He abruptly stops. "Is that Soph?" He asks, unsure because with a mix of the beating and the blood she now seems unrecognisable.

Before I get the chance to answer the door to the living room opens and Stevie comes running out, stopping when she sees Ash and the kids.

"Oh, hey Ash." She then turns to me. "What's all the yelling about?" Just as I'm about to answer she notices Nate on the floor trying to wake Soph up.

"Oh My God." She whispers, clasping her hand over her mouth...

A/N - this chapter can be a touchy subject and for anyone who is bothered by the themes within this chapter, I will always answer any messages if you feel you need to talk.

Happy Valentine's Day 💕🌷

As always, any feedback or suggestions are welcome.

~ Im 💕