Chapter 47

November 2nd 2023
-
Marshall's POV

"Good Morning Mr Mathers." The studio's receptionist, Alice, greets me as I walk through the doors.

I've come to the studio early today because Nathan and Ashley took Ava last night. They're taking her on some sort of boating trip with Audri, Liam and Carter. They all want to get to know their niece and little cousin.

I figured there was no point staying home alone so decided I'd get here before the other to try and write some lyrics without any distractions.

"Mornin' Alice. You good?" I greet her and turn my head to give her a small smile.

"Very well. Youself?"

"Getting there." I say and begin to walk towards my office.

As I walk away I notice from the corner of my eye her picking up a magazine, every week the studio has various magazines delivered to keep in reception for any visitors to occupy themselves with. I figure that she's just unboxing them so continue walking until I reach my office.

I sit at my desk, pulling out my notebook and pen. Just as I'm about to put pen to paper, a weak knock sound on my door.

"Yes?" I call before the door is puched open and Alice comes into view.

"Sorry to disturb. The magazines came and I thought you may want to take a look at the latest issue of People." She says from the doorway.

"Since when have you known me to read magazines?" I question, feeling confused by her want for me to read it.

"I know you don't but seriously, I think you need to see this." I wave her into the office and she places the magazine in fron of me on my desk.

I cast my eyes down to it, Sophia and Ava. Why the fuck are they on the front?

I read the text.

"Exclusive interview? What the fuck?" I mutter to myself. "Uh, thanks. I'll keep it with me, I want to read this." I say, dismissing Alice.

When the door finally shuts, I begin to read.