Chapter 4 - The Traveler takes a stroll!

Shido's POV:

The Traveler: "Paracausal technique: Cataclysmic Nova Bomb

The Traveler: "Paracausal technique: Cataclysmic Nova Bomb. . ."

I watch as The Traveler unleashes a gigantic ball of purple energy. it hurled itself toward Origami, which she also recognized. She dodged and ran, and ran. Suddenly, through my earpiece, a female voice yells out.

Kotori: "SHIDO! GET TO COVER!"

I follow my little sister's instructions and I throw myself in the opposite direction of the Purple ball of death. My hearing was filled with a loud blaring noise, Zs and Ts were yelling out, the sounds panning, like being in a vortex of incomprehensible power.

Then everything went quiet. I uncover my head and look around. I see that half the office building was gone, along with the street below. I look around to try and find The Traveler. . . She is gone.

Shido: "Kotori. . . she's gone."

Kotori: "I know, be careful, we are going to teleport you out of there."

I then notice something, a singular shredded piece of iridescent cloth. the same cloth that belongs to the Traveler's hood. I went to grab it, it felt soft, really soft. I could see it shimmer slightly with Light. I could feel the power emanating from it, a soft and comforting energy. I pocket the piece of cloth into my pocket, and even though the cloth isn't touching my skin, I can still feel the energy.

My body starts to shimmer, signifying that the Fraxinus is teleporting me out. through the last moments in the now-destroyed office building, I can't help but think about her, The Traveler. She felt so otherworldly, so. . . dare I say. . . gorgeous. guessing by our conversation, that she wasn't keen on getting her powers sealed, but how else am I going to save her?

Why was I given the ability to seal spirits? that is one of many questions I have. Why must I make spirits fall in love with me to seal them? Why can't my sealing powers be simple, like having my right arm just seal on contact?

Shido: "Such misfortune- wait why did I say that? nevermind. . . I'll figure this out later."

And then I disappeared from the crime scene.

Y/N's POV:

I find myself in a park, I honestly don't know where I blinked to. I just kind of did it in the moment. not that I'm complaining, I kind of like being outside. It was a little refreshing given that I used to be a shut-in. I start to walk around for a bit.

It's just regular old trees, nothing special. and regular old ground, nothing special. and I see someone stalking me, one red glowing eye and one golden glowing eye sticking out from the side of a tree, nothing really special- wait.

I turn around to see no one there.

Y/N: "Ok. . . fuck that. . ."

Knowing horror movies, I was not going to let that slide. so I formed a finger pistol and shot a bolt of Solar Light toward the tree that housed the creepy stalker. the tree exploded into a firey inferno.