Side-Story: Former Subjugator (Part 1)

In the depths of the Sunken Pyramid Ship in Savathun's Throne World, Gunshots and sounds of powers beyond causality ring out. countless screams of Scorn and taken roar as the Guardians fight and push them back. Above them, floats the First Disciple. The Last Lubraen. Rhulk, Disciple of the Witness.

He looks at the Guardians, floating there without care. He cares little about these puny children of the sky, he has graciously offered them [Salvation/Domination/Subjugation], yet they've squandered that chance and instead continue serving the light. He will see their folly and utter annihilation after he upends the wretched Witch's Throne World.

The Guardians push back the Taken and the Scorn, using the residual resonance from Rhulk's occasional Darkness beams, they dunk them into their assigned podiums and push back the Resonant shield holding back from facing off against the First Disciple.

Rhulk: "Bravo, you made it this far, come. . ."

Rhulk spins his glaive 'Lubrae's Ruin' around, his glaive then disappears behind him as he extends his hand out to invite the squandering Children of light into the arena. he floats in as the Guardians run in.

Rhulk: ". . . Face me and meet your end."

Immediately he violently crashes down into the ground. The Guardians step back so as not to get close to Rhulk and risk dying from his kicks. Rhulk struts around, playing with his foes as they desperately run away and shoot at his shoulders and hips. Light and Dark were thrown at him, The Guardians circled him as they fired their weapons. Unbeknownst to Rhulk, their guns are doing damage but he doesn't care as he will be victorious, he always is.

He summons his glaive and rushes toward one of the Lightbearers. Annoyingly the Lightbearer Icarus dashes out of the way. completely avoiding his attack.

Rhulk: 'Scurring rats.'

He quickly raises himself and pushes his hands out, sending out a four-way blast of Resonant Darkness. But unknowingly to Rhulk, the Guardians are using his Resonance against him. Dunking their perspective podiums and are granted the power to bypass Rhulk's Defenses.

The Titan of the group jumps and lifts toward the Lubraen to punch him in the face with an Arc-charged fist. But he is met with Rhulk's gaze, Telekinetically halting the Titan in mid-air. A Hunter launches a Shadow shot taking advantage of Rhulk's distraction. Rhulk notices and tosses the Titan away, using his glaive to slice the Void arrow in half the two halves of the arrow go off course and dissipate into nothingness.

A Warlock floats up summons a Dawnblade and swings it down unleashing searing hot Solar Light onto Rhulk. Rhulk couldn't react in time as the same titan he tossed away thunder crashed into his side. The hunter unleashed a barrage of Void arrows next to Rhulk, tethers of suppressing void reaching out and tangling Rhulk weakening him.

Rhulk: 'They're overwhelming me? They are. Impossible. Improbable. Is this a test? Yes, my test! The Witness is testing me!'

Rhulk unleashes his full power, his appearance changing into a monstrous but elegant form. Darkness began drowning the Guardian's Light threatening to eliminate them. In all their desperate measures they unleashed all the power they could muster, the six guardians Light or Dark cast their supers bombarding Rhulk with their energy.

Rhulk: 'Gk!'

Despite Rhulk's best efforts, he could not fight back the onslaught of attacks.

Rhulk: 'N-No. . . I. . . can't fight back! These Lightbearers are pushing me back!'

Rhulk now recognizing that he is losing unleashes his full power, all the resonant darkness he can muster he unleashes it. His appearance changes once more into an even more vicious form. Tendrils of Darkness sprawling out in wicked chaos.