Lore 1 - The Terrible Gift

Hi, I'm back from my hiatus. I'll be posting chapters every 2 weeks. Hope you enjoy, this one is dark =)

(WARNING: Murder. . . Read at your own expense.)

I lay comfortably on my soft bed, along with my wife.

She's been there since the day we left high school, not once have I thought of anything else but her.

that was until She came into my dreams. . .

During one fateful night, at midnight. I went to sleep, expecting the sweet embrace of dreams to come.

Dreams I did not come, nor will they ever come. . .

I was met with a voice, it was a soothing yet vicious voice, a voice of ecstasy.

In front of me was the outline of my wife, or was it? I don't remember her having long red hair.

I could see two prong-like horns coming out of her head, her body was covered in wicked red outlines, tendrils of iridescent coming out of her back like butterfly wings.

She walked towards me in a sultry manner, and when I saw her face I was horrified.

A ring of multicolored eyes of different irises stared at me with wickedness. her mouth formed a wicked smile, stretching from ear to ear, her teeth clenched in madness.

I could hear whispers. . .

I could hear her whispering to me!

Stop! STOP! I don't WANT TO HEAR THAT FROM YOU! I'VE BEEN GOOD! I'VE BEEN GOOD!!!

I DON'T NEED TO HEAR THAT COMING FROM YOU! QUIT SAYING THAT! I'M NOT A MURDERER, I'M CHANGED! QUIT THAT!! QUIT THAT!!!!!

STOP TELLING ME!!!! I'M WARNING YOU!! QUIT THAT OR YOU WILL PAY!!!

DON'T. TEMPT. ME.

The Whispers don't stop, they mock me, they tempt me, they laugh at me. This girl. This thing. It's the sole source of these whispers. She is smiling at me, grinning madly. it's you!

I charge towards her, wrapping my hands around her throat. I squeeze with all my might, her hands grabbing my wrists trying to pry them away. No! you will not escape! You Wicked Thing!

That smile still plastered on her face, filled with madness and ecstasy. Disgusting. her body struggles and squirms as she desperately tries to flee. I won't let her, This thing must die, I won't let it!

The Whispers continue. . .

QUIT!!! QUIT !!! QUIT!!! YOU DISGUSTING CREATURE!!! YOU NIGHTMARE!!! I'VE CHANGED!!! I'VE CHANGED!!! I WON'T STAND HERE AND HEAR YOU MOCK ME AND MY EFFORTS I WON'T STAND FOR IT!!

YOU WILL DIE!! YOU WILL DIE BY MY HAND!!! And I'll LAUGH AND SMILE!!

I could hear it, the cracking of her neck bones, the choking gasps! This thing is finally dying! and I won't hear its wretched whispers any longer!!!

After a while, this thing's body stops and goes limp, its eyes go dead, the smile still plastered on it.

The Whispers are gone. . . Finally.

I relish in the sweet relief. . . until. . .

My eyes blink, and everything changes, I'm back home. . . back on my bed. . .

The Thing's body is now replaced with my wife. . .

My wife's face filled with tears, her facial expression forever frozen in fear and despair. . .

I look at her neck, my hands are on it. . .

I release my hands and see her neck broken. . .

Oh god. . . what have I done?

The Whispers are back. . .

No. . .

That's not fair. . .

THAT'S NOT FAIR AT ALL!!!

NOOOO!!!

STOP!!! IT!!!!

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!

STOP LAUGHING ME!!!

STOP IT!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

And then. . . Everything went blank. . . I'm met with an imposing figure. . . Oh. . . it's so beautiful. . . This pain. . . I never felt this pain before. . . This pain feels so. . . good. . .

I can't stop feeling it. . . is this despair? No. . . it says. . . This is not despair. . . it's enlightenment. . . True freedom. . .

There is no greater freedom. . . than pain. . .

I'm free. . .

I'm free. . .

I'm free. . .

All. Hail. The. Purest. Light.

(Sup I'm back from my hiatus. . . Did you like this Dark Chapter? Anyway, this is a peek at things. I'm not afraid to go off the rails, I mean holy shit "How did I come up with this? Am I mentally sound?", Writing is making me act sus most of the time. . . Anyway, Hope you liked this little peek at the one called "The Purest Light and the Darkest Hour". . .

Nezarec, The Final God of Pain. . .)