CHAPTER 17✨

The morning arrived with sunlight spilling through the curtains, gently nudging me awake. But instead of greeting the day with vigor, I was met with a sharp, persistent ache in my head, like tiny construction workers hammering away. A groan escaped me, as I instinctively cradled my head in my hands. Mom, alerted by my faint cries, appeared in the doorway.

"Hey, Jaikar! Are you okay?" She looked at me, her eyebrows knitting together.

"I have a really bad headache. It's pounding," I replied, rubbing my temples.

She stepped closer, her hand hovered over my forehead. "Oh, I'm sorry, honey. Do you want me to make you some herbal tea?"

I nodded. "That would be nice, thanks."

As Mom excused herself to prepare some tea, I gingerly sat up, my hands still holding my head. Moments later, she reappeared, carrying a tray with a steaming cup of tea. She settled beside me, the warmth of the tea mug comforting against my palm.

"Here you go, dear. Have some tea."

Sipping the tea, I said, "Thanks, Mom!"

"Should I take you to the emergency clinic?" Mom asked, her concern evident.

Knowing that hospitals scared her, I quickly added, "No, it's okay. I'll call Uber and go by myself if the pain continues."

"Alright, but promise me you'll call me if it gets worse or if you need anything, okay?"

I managed a weak smile. "I promise, Mom."

After finishing the tea, I quickly got myself ready and called for an Uber. The morning air felt crisp against my skin as I stepped outside and climbed into the car. The driver greeted me warmly, starting a friendly conversation that helped distract me from the persistent ache in my head.

The journey continued, with the driver navigating through the city streets. After a while, we arrived at the clinic. I expressed my gratitude to the driver for the pleasant ride before stepping out of the car and making my way inside for treatment.

Inside the clinic, I walked up to the reception desk and described my symptoms to the nurse. She nodded understandingly and directed me to a nearby waiting area. Sitting there, the ticking clock seemed to amplify my anxiety about the doctor's diagnosis. At last, my name was called, and I quietly followed the nurse to a small examination room.

The doctor listened attentively as I described my symptoms, his expression thoughtful. After a thorough examination, he diagnosed me with post-traumatic dream syndrome, a condition that can occur after experiencing a painful event.

He recommended that I visit a psychologist immediately for further evaluation and treatment. Understanding the importance of prompt action, he provided me with the contact details of a renowned psychologist, assuring me that she had extensive experience in treating similar cases and would be able to evaluate my condition.

I stepped out of the observation room feeling a bit exhausted. The nurse with a gentle demeanor, approached me with a painkiller injection to ease the pain temporarily. I winced slightly as the needle pricked my skin, but soon felt a soothing numbness spreading through my body.

Feeling grateful for the doctor's guidance, I wasted no time in scheduling an appointment with the recommended psychologist. That afternoon, I arrived at the psychologist's office, my heart fluttering with nerves and anticipation. The psychologist, a kind-looking woman in her late fifties, welcomed me warmly and invited me to take the seat in front of her.

"Hello Jaikar, how are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling a bit nervous, but also hopeful. I've been struggling with distressing dreams for a while now," I said, shifting slightly in my seat and clasping my hands.