8. Habit of a Curse

After Dark X Somebody That I used to know X William Afton| slowed +reverb

Sukuna walked around the block before disappearing and reappearing on a roof top to get a better view. His focus on spotting you made him forget he was being chased by cursed spirits. The city was riddled with cursed spirits thanks to Mahito and Geto.

"Where would they have gone?"
A curse spirit rose behind him. Slicing it in half without looking at it. Sukuna kept his focus.
As he roamed around the block continuing his search his patience was running thin. The sun had settled as the night sky had made it all more difficult to come to realization. That you were missing. "If that basterd ran off with her."
Sukuna doubted Choso.

He had checked back at your place and there wasn't any evidence that you had been there.
Looking around the corners of the alleys he passed by some cursed spirits stalking a group of humans. "She's still unconscious, I can't sence her."

His eyes glanced over for a second attempting to ignore the humans demise. He couldn't move forward. Something had him keep looking back.
It was his nature to not care for others. Yet it was in the back of his mind.

You, wanting him to be something else.
To be someone else.

As he scratched the back of his head watching the human rambling on about things he noticed the curse spirits surrounding them.

It was complicated. It was annoying. Unnerving. He felt guilt! He doesn't want to save them but at the same time he does. "Because of you."

Sukuna finally looked away ignoring them as the curse spirits tore them apart.
"What is this feeling. An odd one."
As if he Sukuna king of curses had a care?
Looking down at his palms in wonder of this feeling. To want to do something but choosing not to.
"Pfft." He spat in disgust.

Sukuna should feel nothing. When it comes down to it. "Y/n, I am on no one's side. Neither should you be."

It never left his mind.
____
"My step brother taught me mostly everything.
He tried to give me the life he knew I would never have. Father would never really understand us. Mother wasn't involved with us. Whichever side it was, I was the product of infidelity. Never knew if it was my father or mother. I just came to this world with no answers. But Geto always had the answers, the right answers. His job was to keep me together. Until I was taken apart. Sukuna, whatever was done whatever happened. It isn't up to me or others to decide what is good or bad. Geto, taught me that it has no meaning or purpose. All we have is time. As long as one person is listening there is still resistance. No heirs, no crown. Gojo, tried to take the father role and with him. The wheels fell off the daydream. I'm going to try to do better. I wanted revenge for being born. Now I have no goals. I only want to stop things that would leave others like me, with no one. I don't have to know them. All I ever wanted was somebody to hold me." You shut your eyes remembering Geto hugging you. It was the only time you felt loved and safe. Felt wanted and it all made sense. "That person was taken from me. All because of the lies, mistakes and the pain that happened beneath our noses. Sukuna, I'm not on a war path or battle. I just don't want others losing someone. I want to become strong!"
________

Taking in a deep breath as you would he held it in looking up at the sky seeing the stars as he felt the beat of his heart. Letting out all the air he combed his hair back. "Only the strong will succeed." Starring up to the sky his mind wondered in how you would have been so upset with him for not helping those people out. How would you know?