17. Empty Damage

Sukuna looked at himself in the mirror. You had gone off job hunting again. His eyes reflected the body he never wanted. This life he never desired to be in.

(You just... It's very complicated for me to fall for someone like you. Because you are in the body of someone I held dear.)

Sukuna's eyes looked down at your sink as he ran the water washing his face. Keeping his hands covered over his face he looked over the tips of his fingers.
His identity.

"Pfft. How could such a woman do something like this, to me! I'd never allow anyone to speak to me the way she does. She looks down at me for what I am. Who I am. Enough.."

Sukuna left the bathroom as he reached down to pet Coco Puff one last time. He looked over his shoulder while pulling the door open. He looked forward. Leaving your apartment.

Months passed. As you continued to walk on dressed nicely with your purse and a notepad of the 10 jobs that had denied you.

"Never thought I was this useless. What's the point of me even living. I have no money. No way of living. I'm starving.."

You looked at people who walked past you with some snacks. "I don't want to give away Coco Puff. But if I have to.. maybe someone else can take care of Coco Puff."

"Run!" Someone bumped your shoulder as you dropped your notes and pen. "My resume!" You screamed as people pushed and trampled over it. You even felt someone push you down as they ran on top of you. Multiple people trampled over you. Shielding your head with your arms feeling their feet kick down on you.

"My ankle." You looked back seeing it flat on its side.

Bleeding from your forehead from the feet that rambled over you. The burning wounds from the pavement scratches.

Crawling forward to the side you looked back to see a cursed spirit.

A big ugly bulled horned creature with ribs sticking out. Peoples bodied were impaled to the ribs as a long tongue swept out of its mouth to wrap around a bodie that was on the horn.

Your eyes shook seeing it swallow a human whole. "Not fair.." you said holding your arm out to defend yourself. As if today couldn't get any worse.

Taking out your phone you dialed Gojo. "Hello?" He responded coldly. "Hello?" He asked again but you were quiet.
You were so used to calling him for help. So used to calling the sorcerers to take care of a cursed spirit.

Swallowing deeply you heard him. "Dont ever call me again y/n." He hung up as you closed the flip phone.
"If I use my Domain expansion."

"Mommy." A kid pointed at you as you closed your hands together. The voice of that child made you stop realizing if you used the domain expansion. Anyone in the radius would be killed by your Expansion.

Slowly looking at the kid and the mother. She was also wounded her eyes were starring at her husband whose body hung on the rib that stuck out from the cursed spirits body.

"Is that daddy?" The kid asked crying softly.

Your eyes shadowed as you looked at your hands. Remembering what Sukuna told you in the past. When he was battling the sorcerers.

(I'm ending it all here and now. The cost of some.)

How you feel right now. The loss of some to save many.
"Mommy! Why is Daddy there?" The child cried trying to run but she held him back.

(Your crocodile tears are pathetic.)
Sukuna told you those words. Those words swept your head. As you listened to the little boy cry.

You took in a deep breath.

Why would a child stop you from opening your domain expansion and killing this cursed spirit.
If you let the cursed spirit go.
All because some kid was crying. All because some people got in the way.

(What made you think I was listening to you? Telling me what to do or how to do it. I believe you may have misunderstood me)

Now you understood him. Now you understood Sukuna. He wasn't opening his domain expansion just to protect you.

But.

Thinking back. Their battle with Sukuna, any sorcerers. Seemed to always pick a fight with him whenever there were civilians. He learned to shut those distractions off. To know that there's some things to put in front.

His battles, his wars.

He showed everyone what it meant to pick a fight with him. There will be loses. There will be casualties..

The cursed spirit grabbed your waist lifting you up as you looked into it's mouth blankly.

"I'm, not a killer.." you said softly holding your hands together.

If you don't stop this monster. It'll kill many more. It will take away more dear loved ones.

"Hear it is. Our final day alive. We will go together."

Your tears swept down as your grit your teeth attempting to be strong till the end.

This was one of the weakness Sukuna knew about your Domain expansion.

If your enemy is close to you. You will be affected by your own domain expansion. If you are far enough you can be protected by the trees your create. But, this creature. And the people around you..

They will all die in your domain. The creature that is holding you. You will also get hit by your own domain expansion.

Taking in a deep breath everything felt slow. Like time had slowed. The sky was a beautiful blue. The winds were nice. The sunlight you never noticed it's warmth until now. How it has all gone by so fast without ever realizing what a beautiful day it was.

Closing your eyes you focused as you got ready to see the blue skys look night with the angle stars. No matter how you saw it. You were going to kill this cursed spirit and those who get caught within the radius of your Domain.

"Domain"
You said slowly as the jaws of the beast opened.
Your stomach twisted and turned. You didn't want to be eaten alive. You didn't want to kill the people around you.

( I'm ending it all here and now. The cost of some.) Sukunas voice echoed

(I wish things were different. Maybe, I could have understood you better. As you had tried to understand us.. Coco Puff was saved by you. And despite how many may see it. You were actually trying to save others, while killing some. A difficult thing.. Now I know.. now I understand.. What could have Gojo had done differently? He is the blessed one.. we the rest are the unluckiest creatures to ever exist. The weakest die to make room for the blessed ones..)

"Expan-"

You were interrupted as you felt your body fall onto the ground. The creature screamed as Sukuna stood on its shoulders. His wide smile and eyes of blood lust. Grabbing the horns he pulled them off the cursed spirits head. It roared out as it reached up but Sukuna pinned it's hands with it's own horns.

Flipping over he grabbed onto the ribs to swing his body and kick the stomach of the cursed Spirit. The bull cursed spirit vomited out blood and body parts some of it splashing on you.

Your eyes shook in disgust. But you were more in shock seeing Sukuna. His hair was long and he seemed different. Something about him seemed to change. Not just his hair.
"You stubborn horned basterd." He said laughing before ripping one of the ribs out of the bulls chest and used it to stab the cursed spirit in it's head.

"Ptooey!" He spat to the side watching the Bull fall onto its teams and then falling forward. You realized there were more cursed spirits.
"If you had casted that Domain expansion it wouldn't had matter." Sukuna said keeping his back turned to you.

"Foolish woman." He said flicking his fingers towards you as the arm and hand that held your body was cut into pieces.