INTRODUCTION

Hey there reader!
So this is only a short introduction where I'm gonna run through a little bit of this stories Backstory lol.
(just incase there is a little confusion which I totally understand if there is.)

But if you don't want to read this or afraid of spoilers you don't have to, but of course feel free to read or to return back to this if you have any questions further into the fanfic <3

So basically, Cassandra was found in gothels cabin the night gothel took rapunzel (as we know) but when the guards took Cass back to the castle, both Arianna and Fredrick felt bad for the child and so decided to raise her (along with the rest of the castle) until her mother either comes back for her or something else along those lines.
They still searched for rapunzel day and night but they decided she was gone after about 3-4 years. So the queen and king, again along with majority of the castle staffed continued to raise Cass as if she was a princess and protected her and treat her as such because it was easier than telling her the truth once she forgot about that traumatizing night (but she's not a princess)

They still send up lanterns every year on Rapunzel’s birthday hoping one day, somehow she will return, but they never told cass the real reason why they did it.
They never told Cass they had a bio child and so she was under the impression the lanterns were just for some random anniversary or holiday.

Rapunzel is of course still locked in her tower by gothel and eventually escapes but not by the help of Eugene.

This fanfic will be my personal gay retelling of tangled and although some bits may be the same, the majority of it won't be as I've made changes to the way things happen
(and I had to remove and add plots in to make it make sense for the characters involved and their positions aha)

Anyways! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here and I'll happily answer <3

(I understand that my fanfic and my idea can be a bit confusing at the start and come off differently for different people but I promise by the final chapter everything will make sense and hopefully all fit into place like it does in my head aha )

But even so, I hope you enjoy my fanfic and I'm very grateful you decided to read it! :)