Chapter 31

A/N: another shorter chapter for you guys :)

Cassandra

Me and Rapunzel walk, well, I walk, she travels riding on Fidellas back after realising walking was quite difficult.
But we make it back home soon enough, and words can't express the feeling of relief I felt crossing that stupid bridge.

We cut straight through to the castle, and my plan was to fix her up first, to find a first AID kit in the guards quarters and patch up her wounds before I faced anyone, specially...

Oh great-

"Oh Cassandra! There you are! We were so worried about you and-" it felt as though everyone that worked around the place encased me in one big, suffocating hug. I make an effort to straighten up in the middle of everyone, and held in my deep breath for as long as I could, and then they all pull and turn away.

They all spotted Rapunzel.

"Oh hello dearie, what is- oh my gosh!" The minute they noticed the physical state she was in, everyone's immediate goal was to help her, and so they all left me outside while they rushed her on in.

I didn't mind though, she needed more help than I did.

But I was imagining that I was the one helping, that I was the one talking with her while I bandaged her up.

I imagined I was the one...

Never mind.

I walked into the palace a little after them, calmly and with my usual plain expression on my face, and wanted to head straight up to my room, but that wasn't the case. I don't bother to hold back a sigh as I stop and turn around.

"Cassandra. There you are." Cap was stood behind me, his helmet under his arm and a slightly off expression on his face. I let my posture fall slightly as I cross over my arms.
"Yeah no I'm here." I say simply, feeling a sense of curiosity creep over me.
"I just- I just wanted to know you were safe, considering you ran off from your squad yesterday. You defied protocol and could've gotten into some serious danger."

I almost fucking died.

"Yeah well, I'm all good. Nothing bad happened to me."

I almost fucking DIED.

"And if your hear to cut me from the unit, you can cut straight to it. There's no need to force yourself to care to 'lighten the blow'." I state with a couple hand gestures thrown in. He looks at me a little confused, but straightens himself back out pretty quickly.
"Well It's good to know your ok, considering the girl you entered with is... in quite a state."
"Pft yeah, what is that where your heading now? To check up on her?" The question wasn't meant in a harsh way, but I didn't stop it from sounding like that.
"No, actually I just came from there. I saw the state she was in and after I knew she came in with you, I thought I'd be best to make sure you weren't in as bad a state."

I almost FUCKING DIED!

"Oh, well, I'm all good, so go ahead and cut to the chase would you? I already know you want to. I failed, after all." Usually, I wouldn't speak so bluntly to the man running the team I have dreamt of being apart of. But I already shot my chance, my only chance at getting onto the guard.

So why care anymore? I don't have to.

"Ok well, yes, unfortunate because you broke protocol you are cut from the unit, as it states in the rule book-"
"Yes yes I know what it says, I've read it over and over since I was what? 6?" I ask myself, looking up at the celling to look like I'm thinking, even though I know it was age 6. I actually know the exact moment I found that handbook and read every page in the course of two todays. I have been memorising it ever since that day.

Hoping. Wishing. Praying.

Which was all stupid, I know that now.

"Right well, I better be on my way, so is that all you needed to tell me?" I raise my eyebrow and look up at him, my question sounding rushed so he'd get the hint that I want to leave.
"Actually no, there is a question I had for you too. One about your friend." I feel an urge to roll my eyes, but just about manage to stop myself.
"Go ahead."
"What's her name? And also, now that I think of it, where did you find her?"
"Her names Rapunzel, although I thought she'd have been able to answer that herself." I start, quietening down my voice as I went on. "And I found her-"

Locked up in a tower where she lived with a crazy lady that wanted to use her for her somehow magical hair.

"She was out in the woods, while I was scouting the area. I found her like that and thought it be best to bring her back to get some help." I thought it was what I said about where I'd found her that made him turn and practically sprint down the corridor, but then I realise he was already going the minute I mentioned her name.

Weird, but it's whatever. I'm not getting into that right now.

I'll just find her again once she's not-

- Ok no maybe I should go find her now. I can't leave her with a bunch of strangers.

Come on Cassandra, that's a stupid idea anyway, especially after what just happened last night.

I'm on my way Raps.