◉ Chapter 4

The scene was set against the backdrop of a desolate beach, the waves crashing against the shore adding to the eerie atmosphere. The sky was overcast, casting a gloomy shadow over the entire setting. The mood among the crew was palpably tense, each member silently feeling the weight of the scene and the director's irritation, which was growing after every NG.

"Cut!", "Stop!" Avdesh's voice cut through the air, his frustration evident as he addressed Akshara, "Ha....listen, why are you looking so desperate to live? You're going in the water to take your own life, but why are your facial expressions looking as if you are crying for help?"

Akshara's trembling form stood before him, her soaked clothes clinging to her body, the cold seawater only adding to her discomfort. "I... I am sorry... I am so sorry... Director Shah," she stammered, her voice quivering with emotion.

"I am sick of hearing your apologies! If you can't do it, stop wasting our time and go back!" Director Shah's voice boomed, frustration evident in every word.

"No! I can do it well this time, sir!" Akshara pleaded desperately, her determination shining through despite her fear.

"Let's take a break, sir. She needs a breather," the assistant director finally intervened, sensing the tension reaching its peak. Avdesh, though visibly frustrated, reluctantly agreed. "Take a 20-minute break," he announced, the relief evident among the crew members.

"Thank you, assistant director," Akshara caught up with him, gratitude evident in her voice. "No need to thank me. You are the third person for this role, and I am just fed up with the change," he replied tersely before walking away, leaving Akshara to gather her thoughts amidst the backdrop of the tumultuous sea.

Simran quickly draped Akshara in warm clothing, her concern evident in the way she spoke, "Akshu, come quickly... let's get you warmed up." 

As they left, Rohit, who had been observing the shooting from afar, maintained his nonchalantness, his eyes showing little to no emotion or concern.

"Warm up in the car. I have turned on the heater and quickly come back with some hand warmers, you stay put" Simran instructed, leaving swiftly after Akshara expressed her gratitude, a small smile tugged on her lips.

As soon as Simran departed, Akshara's smile faded, now replaced by a veil of shame as she spiralled into self-reflection. "How can I make about 15 mistakes, in just one scene alone... snap out of it, Akshu... please pull yourself together!" she lamented aloud, gloom and frustration evident in her voice.

Suddenly, the car door swung open, and Rohit slid into the back seat beside her, startling Akshara. "Tsk, tsk....just look at you," he taunted Akshara, a smirk etched on his face.

"Goodness, Akshara, I figured you had a minor role, but who would have thought it to be a character that dies in the first scene only? Do you want me to help you get a better role? I can do that much for my ex," Rohit said, his smirk widening as he jabbed at Akshara.

"I don't want it, so get lost," Akshara retorted with disdain.

"Oh, come on, I am just trying to lend a hand to my ex here... no need to be so bitter. Isn't 7 years of no fame enough? Aren't you even fed up?" Rohit needled, his smirk remaining intact.

Akshara stared at him as if he were a stranger, unable to reconcile this version of Rohit with the person she once knew. She couldn't believe this was the same man she had once cared for deeply.

"Rohit, let me ask you a question. Did you have any feelings for me when we were together?" Akshara finally mustered the courage to ask, her voice quivering with uncertainty.

"Pfft... hahahaha," Rohit laughed hysterically, causing tears to well up in Akshara's eyes. "God, that's hilarious. Akshara, let me ask you something too. Why did you date me? All you did was play house with me for 8 long months. You are lucky it was me. Any other man would have dumped you in a month when you are not putting out yourself, especially when you don't even have anything to show for it too," Rohit's words dripped with viciousness, his expressions brut and unmoving.