◉ Chapter 18

The car's interior was bathed in soft, natural light filtering through the windows, casting a warm glow on Arjun's focused face as he drove. The vibrant hues of the surrounding landscape danced in the sunlight, creating a serene backdrop to the unfolding conversation. A palpable tension lingered in the air, punctuated by Arjun's cautious inquiry.

"Abhi, were you discussing something important with Akshara earlier? Did I interrupt you two?" Arjun's voice was gentle, laced with a hint of concern as he navigated the winding road ahead, his eyes darting between Abhimanyu's silhouette and the path in front of him.

Seated beside him, Abhimanyu stared out of the window, his gaze fixed on the passing landscape. The question seemed to hang in the air between them, and after a moment of silence, he responded with a hint of resignation in his voice.

"Why are you even asking when you already know the answer?" His words were soft, almost whispered, as he continued to look outside, lost in his thoughts.

"Either way... I guess it all worked out for the best," Abhimanyu added, his mind drifting back to the conversation he had with Akshara earlier.

"Did you feel the same as me...?" He had asked her, his voice filled with a mixture of hope and uncertainty.

"Yes, I did or no, I didn't. It's a simple question with a simple answer, yet it seemed like she needed some time to answer," Abhimanyu mused, his brow furrowing slightly as he pondered over Akshara's reaction. 

To him, Arjun had been an irritating interruption, an annoying distraction from their meaningful conversation. But to Akshara, he might have been a saviour of sorts, a gateway to change the topic and buy some time for herself.

"Just what... is making her hesitate this much?" Abhimanyu's thoughts grew deeper, his mind swirling with questions as he tried to decipher the complexities of Akshara's actions and emotions. 

The road ahead stretched out, mirroring the uncertainty of the situation and the turmoil Abhimanyu was going through.

-~*~-

The atmosphere in Arjun's studio was filled with a mix of anticipation and excitement as he handed Akshara the script, his eyes keenly observing her reaction. The studio, fully equipped and exuding luxury, served as the perfect backdrop for the upcoming audition.

"Here, this is the scene you have to enact now," Arjun said, extending the script towards Akshara, who accepted it with a polite nod. The weight of the moment hung in the air as Arjun continued, "I don't expect you to be perfect since it's such an abrupt audition. I would just like to check your vibe on the emotional acting and how it looks on camera. Okay?"

Akshara nodded in response, her eyes scanning the script intently. As she delved deeper into the scenes, a look of surprise crossed her face, catching Arjun's attention.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, curiosity evident in his voice.

"Oh, yes, I was just surprised by how good the script was and knowing that it's for a music video no less is a bit shocking," Akshara remarked, her words causing a smile of pride to spread across Arjun's face.

"Haha, right? Since the music and the lyrics of the song are so good, I wanted to pair it up with an old-school vibe. It's rare nowadays to see any music video especially not from a film, to not be the party anthem of the year," Arjun explained, his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm while his words were sharp and on point.

Though Akshara mirrored his expressions with a smile, her thoughts were a whirlwind of emotions. "Oh gosh... this script is totally my story!! Did that bastard somehow leak things?? This script is emotionally so on point that I don't even have to act out. I would just need to articulate and honestly express what I am going through right now," she mused, her heart racing as she tried to process the uncanny resemblance between the script and her own life.