◉ Chapter 10

"And...Action!!"

With the director's cue of "Action!!", they started strolling along the seashore, their footprints etching a story in the sand. Wrapped in a gentle embrace, they mirrored the emotions of their characters with each step, their expressions perfectly capturing the essence of the scene's disposition.

Amid the scene, Akshara seized the opportunity to break the tension with a light-hearted conversation. "I have never done an image shoot before, so it feels a bit awkward. In fact, I have always wondered what the actors talked about while they shot for voice-over scenes...." she confessed, her voice carrying the weight of her character's emotions.

Abhimanyu responded with ease, his words flowing effortlessly as he maintained Samar's demeanour. "We usually just talk about anything. Like for instance, how we didn't get to eat breakfast or what we had for lunch or what we will have for dinner....stuff like that," he explained, his gaze fixed on the horizon.

Embracing the playful banter, Akshara's lips curved into a mischievous smile. "Oh, I guess, then any random topic would work huh....related to food? Then.....what are you having for dinner today?" she inquired, a twinkle of eagerness dancing in her eyes, yet mindful to preserve the enigmatic aura of her character.

"You're a quick learner," Abhimanyu remarks with a smile, his eyes alight with enthusiasm. "Anyway, I'm craving Chole Bhature with a glass full of Lassi, though I guess it's not an appropriate dinner food considering how heavy it is, I guess I will have to stick with the basic" he adds, prompting a nod of agreement from Akshara, her face illuminated with rapture. 

Walking side by side, their arms wrapped around each other, they exuded a couple's natural ease and connection, their expressions reflecting the intimacy of a couple lost in their own world. 

As the camera zooms in on their expressions, their shared emotions and chemistry are palpable, eliciting satisfaction from the pleased director who oversaw the scenes unfolding magic and his vision coming to life before his own eyes.

The air between Akshara and Abhimanyu was charged with a mixture of curiosity and vulnerability as they walked along the shoreline, their conversation weaving seamlessly into the fabric of their shared emotions.

"I also have a question," Abhimanyu begins, his voice soft yet filled with intrigue, prompting Akshara to turn her gaze towards him.

"What is it?" she responds, her tone a blend of anticipation and apprehension.

"It seems like you have met Rohit for the first time. Then were you Riya's guest...you know, at their wedding," Abhimanyu inquires, his expression still joyful, but his eyes betraying a hint of uncertainty.

Caught off guard by the question, Akshara's thoughts whirl as she navigates her response. "What...uhh...yes," she stammers, her mind racing to concoct a plausible explanation, while her expression reflects the complexity of her inner turmoil, mirroring her character's emotional journey.

"Did you see me?" Akshara counters with doubt, her eyes searching his for any sign of recognition.

"I think I caught a glimpse," Abhimanyu admits, their steps synchronized in a gentle rhythm as they continue to walk side by side, their closeness palpable.

Amidst the flurry of thoughts, Akshara scrambles for an excuse, her words tumbling out in a desperate attempt to divert the conversation. "Uhh...I am like an acquaintance of Riya..." she says while internally apologizing profusely for uttering such a lie. 

"I had no idea you knew her. I don't remember seeing you at the wedding..." she trails off, her smile tinged with awkwardness. "We are family friends" was Abhimanyu's reply.