◉ Chapter 8

The room is filled with tension as Akshara and Abhimanyu stand facing each other, their expressions a mix of confusion and uncertainty.

"Sorry..." Akshara begins tentatively, her voice trailing off as she struggles to comprehend Abhimanyu's words.

"I said... sleep in my room," Abhimanyu clarifies, his tone slightly breathless from his recent sprint, as he extends his room keys towards her.

They stand in the spare room provided by the staff, the weight of Abhimanyu's offer hanging heavily in the air. Akshara looks at him, her mind racing as she tries to make sense of the situation, attempting to grasp the true meaning behind his words.

"Akshara... are you going to take this?" Abhimanyu asks again, breaking through her contemplation.

"I am not sure if I heard you right just now..." Akshara responds hesitantly, uncertainty clouding her features.

"What did you hear?" Abhimanyu inquires, his brow furrowing slightly as he waits for her response.

"You said... to sleep in your room..." Akshara states, her voice tinged with confusion as she tries to make sense of the situation.

"Yes, you heard it correctly. So why don't you take the key now?" Abhimanyu offers, still holding out his keys.

Akshara's confusion turns to surprise, then quickly shifts to disdain as she realizes the implications of his offer.

She sighs heavily, her frustration evident as she rebuffs his offer. "Listen, I am not that kind of person, so please leave. I need to read over my script," she says, her tone laced with disgust.

Abhimanyu finally comprehends her misunderstanding, mentally berating himself for his lack of clarity. An image of Ravi's admonition flashes through his mind, reminding him of his tendency to overlook crucial details making others misunderstand him.

"Akshara... I think you got the wrong idea here," Abhimanyu attempts to explain, his voice gentle yet firm.

"Can you just leave..." Akshara's frustration mounts, her tone sharper than usual, but before she could finish, Abhimanyu interjected.

"My room's going to be vacant tonight, so you and your manager are more than welcome to use it," he offers, his voice filled with sincerity.

Akshara is momentarily speechless, her mind reeling as she processes his words. "You're shooting all night?" she asks, concern evident in her voice.

"Most likely," Abhimanyu confirms, his gaze unwavering.

"Oh..." Akshara's cheeks flush with embarrassment as the reality of the situation sinks in. She chastises herself internally for jumping to conclusions too quickly.

Abhimanyu leaves the room, placing the keys on the door cabinet before departing, leaving Akshara to contemplate the unexpected turn of events and the flurry of emotions swirling within her.

While Akshara was still struggling with her embarrassment, Simran emerged from the bathroom, radiating freshness and cheer. "Whew! I feel so refreshed! It felt like ages before the water hit my body" she exclaims happily, her spirits lifted by the shower. 

"Hmm, also I thought I heard voices. Did someone come by?" she asks, her curiosity piqued.

Akshara, still unable to meet Simran's gaze, timidly addresses her. "Simran, did you know... that Abhimanyu would be shooting all night today?" she inquires, her head still hanging low with embarrassment.

With a chirpy tone, Simran confirms, "Yep, I told you earlier, right? A couple of staff members won't be using this room because they are shooting an all-nighter."