◉ Chapter 23

"Dear audience, the premiere will begin soon. Please take your seats and enjoy" the announcer's voice reverberated through the movie theatre, signalling the imminent start of the premiere.

Akshara settled into her seat at the back, while her mind was abuzz with swirling thoughts and apprehensions. "If those two really meet up, it's all over then. Who wouldn't fall in love with a beauty like that? I gotta do something before that happens," she mused, her heart heavy with worry.

Her reverie was abruptly interrupted as the announcer's voice filled the air once more, heralding the arrival of the director and star cast of "Nyay: The Verdict of Justice" a courtroom drama, with bated breath.

Akshara turned her gaze to the front, her eyes widening in awe as the cast made their grand entrance amid thunderous applause and cheers.

But amidst the dazzling faces, it was Abhimanyu who captured her attention, his presence commanding the room with effortless grace and charm. Dressed in a plain white round-neck t-shirt paired with a tailored black coat and pants, he exuded an aura of understated elegance that left Akshara spellbound.

As Abhimanyu addressed the audience with poise and humility, Akshara found herself mesmerized by his every word, her heart fluttering with a mix of admiration and longing. 

"I still can't believe he's the same man who confessed his feelings for me not too long ago," she thought, her mind swirling with emotions.

Lost in her thoughts, Akshara scarcely registered Abhimanyu's speech further as his voice faded into the background of her troubled thoughts. "I really hope it's not too late for us, though," she pondered, her gaze never wavering from Abhimanyu's figure onstage. 

In that moment, surrounded by the electric atmosphere of the premiere, Akshara couldn't help but cling to the hope that their love story was far from over.

As the announcer's voice pierced through the theatre, Akshara was jolted out of her reverie once again. "The director and the actors will be watching the movie here with everyone, so please remain seated as we begin the screening," he declared, his words resonating in the dimly lit space. 

Akshara watched as Abhimanyu and his team joined the audience, settling into the empty front-row seats with a sense of anticipation.

With a deep breath, Akshara prepared herself for the movie's start, the screen illuminating the theatre as the lights dimmed. 

"Let's just focus on the movie," she reminded herself, her mind racing with excitement. "I have been wanting to watch this full-fledged courtroom drama, as the genre itself is quite scarce for a movie premise. I should put my phone on silent and enjoy it," she resolved, determined to immerse herself in the cinematic experience.

Just as she reached for her phone to silence it, a vibration startled her, a message from Abhimanyu illuminating the screen. "Are you here? Where are you sitting?" the message read, igniting a flutter of anticipation in Akshara's chest. 

With a quick glance up, she spotted Abhimanyu sitting in the front row, a considerable distance away from her seat.

Swiftly composing a response, Akshara typed, "I am sitting in the 7th row of the Club section," before sending it off into the digital ether. 

She watched with bated breath as Abhimanyu turned his head, his gaze scanning the rows in search of her. In the darkness of the theatre, his efforts were in vain, leaving Akshara's heart pounding with excitement.

She felt as if her heart was about to burst, and she did not know how to control these overflowing feelings of her.

As her phone vibrated once more, Akshara's cheeks flushed crimson with a rush of emotion. She eagerly opened the message from Abhimanyu, her heart racing at the prospect of their clandestine rendezvous.