Chapter 19

Hearing those immensely provocative words, every single one of their teammates decided to play deaf.
Qian Bao looked back at her computer monitor and suddenly blurted out, "Fuck!"

When Lu Zhe began recounting that old story, she'd suspected there would be something unsavory that her fans shouldn't be allowed to hear. She'd muted her mic so that the only sound playing over her stream was the background music she'd put on earlier.

The bullet comments were full of people idly shooting the shit now. Some of them, who'd grown especially bored, had even started trying to guess what Team DG were talking about based on Qian Bao's facial expressions.

She shot Lu Zhe a remorseful look and said, "Captain, I forgot to relay your sweet story of youth to my fans."

Lu Zhe mulled it over for a few seconds, then turned to Qian Bao with a faint frown. With a magnanimous, forgiving tone, he answered:

"That's fine. Just be careful in your next life."

Qian Bao blinked.

"Only you, Captain Lu," she muttered, shaking her head. "You dirty dog."

Seeing that they were about to start up another round of bickering, Big-Mouthed Zhou suddenly slapped a hand to his own forehead. "Tsk! I almost forgot to tell you. I have news-

"The schedule for the summer tournament is out. Our first match will be on June 3rd, against HCG. Our second will be on June 7th, against LAG. Each match will be a best-of-three. We'll play each team in our division twice, and each outside team once.

"The league has already sent out the official schedule. Take a look when you get a chance, and share the team's official announcement on Weibo.

"In July, we'll have regular season matches and cross-regional matches at the same time, so make sure you stay in shape. Get some exercise when you're able, don't eat so much takeout. Don't get a cold or a fever or a stomachache as soon as our tournament season restarts."

Hearing all those typical warnings from Big-Mouthed Zhou, Old Wo and Er-Hua responded in unison, "We knoooooow."

Qian Bao continued her stream and mentioned the tournament schedule to her fans. The bullet comments filled up with exuberant glee.

However, Big-Mouthed Zhou still had his gaze fixed on Lu Zhe. After a long while, he decided he couldn't set his worries aside. He patted the back of Lu Zhe's chair and said, "This won't do. Captain Lu, step outside with me for a moment."

Coach Fang arrived just then with a few of their team analysts. Seeing that Big-Mouthed Zhou was about to single Lu Zhe out and drag him away, Coach Fang dutifully reminded, "Practice is about to start. If you have something to say, say it fast."

Big-Mouthed Zhou waved his acknowledgement. "I know. I just need to give him a warning."

......

Lu Zhe followed Big-Mouthed Zhou down the hall, heading towards the manager's office.

Once Lu Zhe was standing in front of the white desk in that office, Big-Mouthed Zhou fetched him a cup of water. When he returned from the water dispenser, there was an inexplicably heavy look on his face.

"Lu Zhe."

He pressed the cup of water into Lu Zhe's hand and lifted his head to look up at the young man who was a good bit taller than him. He wore a serious, solemn gaze.

Lu Zhe accepted the cup. His crow-feather lashes swept down, half-obscuring his dark eyes as he looked into the plastic cup in his hand. Before Manager Zhou could continue, Lu Zhe suddenly interrupted: