Extra 3

The year after Lu Zhe and Shen Qiao got their marriage licenses, DG went on to win a triple crown-they took the spring tournament, the summer tournament, and the world championship once more, cementing themselves as one of the most glorious teams in the history of the LPL.

At the same time, BLX's Mo Mo and Lele also retired that year.

That year became lauded as the most memorable year in the LPL. New gods ascended to the throne while old gods fell. DG's fan base grew and grew, and inevitably some would get too full of themselves and flaunt their victories in front of others. BLX's fans had already been down in the dumps at that time. When they saw fans from another team mocking them, they instantly fought back. Neither side backed down, and their feud became legendary. It would last for many years to come.

In the third year, Zheng Zhizhuo and Zhao Yue began to flourish on a new team. They took down DG in the spring tournament that year, only to have DG take their revenge in the summer tournament. Both teams made it to the finals of the world championship, with DG coming out on top in the end.

Some fans groaned about the fact that all of the LPL's world championship trophies had been won by Team DG, but DG's fans were happier than anyone.

Until it was time for DG's glory to fade.

First, Old Wo retired.

Then it was Lu Zhe and Shen Qiao.

Qian Bao was the player who stayed with DG the longest, becoming the pillar of their team. Er-Hua and Fish, who'd returned from abroad, both became coaches at DG.

Old Wo was pressured into going to a marriage meeting by his family, and he soon used the money he'd earned from esports to start a prosperous business. He quickly became the wealthiest member of their group, and had a happy family with two kids in three years.

......

[Wow! Wolf Cub, how long has it been since you last visited us? Tell me! Tell me right now! Who's more important to you? Me or Dog Lu?]

[Forget all that, you have to let us see you start that new game today! I want to see you play Resident Evil 10! Hurry, hurry!]

[Didn't he only take one day off yesterday? It hasn't been that long?]

[Qiaoqiao, Qiaoqiao, look at me, look at me!]

[Can someone get all the squawking chickens up there to shut up? Thanks!]

[Don't pick up bad habits from Dog Lu, okay? I'm getting goosebumps, seriously. Why are you guys calling him Qiaoqiao? Call him laogong!]

May of 2025.

Shen Qiao was streaming from home. As soon as he entered the livestreaming room, tons of gifts and bullet comments came through. He politely thanked the big tippers as per usual, then opened up LoL as he pleased.

Strictly speaking, his retired life wasn't all that different from his professional life. He'd signed a contract with a streaming platform, and he worked from ten in the morning to six in the evening, still streaming League of Legends. If he ever got bored, he would maybe open up a game of fight the landlord.

His time as a professional gamer had influenced him greatly. Shen Qiao still relied on LoL to earn a living. The game had become part of his life; he was completely inseparable from it now. Researching new champions, changes, skills, and so on had become a natural part of his life, like eating and drinking water.

So streamer, commentator, and coach were the most natural choices of a profession for him after he retired.

After entering the gaming industry, it wasn't very easy to do anything else after retiring from competitive play.