Brothers?

-Mathew?!

Mathew's POV:

-Leave her. Police will come for her soon.

-Yes sir.

I hang up and throw my phone on the desk. One of my younger brothers walks into my office.

-What do you need, Nick?

-Can I go on a trip with friends this weekend?

-Where?

-North Carolina.

-How long?

-Thursday to Monday.

I think about it. Ariana is in Forks, Washington and we live in New York City. I'm flying to get her in the next hour and it's currently Tuesday. She could meet all her brothers before he leaves.

-Sure.

I see him smile but then it fades into a neutral expression.

-Thanks.

He starts to walk out but I stop him.

-Nick?

-Yeah?

-You can smile, you know? I'd like to see it more.

He smiles and walks out. I called my driver and told him where going to the airport. I hop in my limousine and we begin our drive to the airport.

6 hours later

I'm standing in the airport waiting for Ariana and her caseworker Miss Rachel. After a few minutes of scrolling on my phone, I look up to see a beautiful young woman who looks to be in her mid-twenties. My eyes then wander to the small girl next to her. I'm met with two bright blue eyes.

-Mathew?!

I smile when I hear her say my name. I was 16 when she was born and 19 when she was taken. I'm surprised she remembers me but my heart swells. The woman next to her comes up to shake my hand as Ariana studies me curiously.

-Hi, Mr. Russo. I'm Rachel King, I'm Ariana's caseworker.

-Mathew Russo.

She nods and hands me some paperwork to sign. She turns to Ariana.

-Alright sweetie, now you'll be a Russo instead of a Hendrickson okay?

Ariana nods her head at her. I hand her the signed paperwork and turn to look at Ariana.

-You ever been on a plane before?

-Nope.

I smirk. I look over to Miss King and thank her.

-No problem, Mr. Russo. Well goodbye, Ariana dear. I'll check on you in a few months okay? Behave and be kind to Mr. Russo. He'll be in charge of everything.

She nods and then hugs the woman. I'm handed a file.

-There's her school records, birth certificate, and other information you'll need. Have a good day you two.

She nods at us and walks away with a small wave. I stretch my hand out for Ariana to take. She flinches at first before grabbing it. I walk her through the airport and we get on my private jet. I notice she holds my hand through take off. A blanket is put over her by me when I notice her curling up in her seat. I move a strand of her hair out of the way and feel her forehead. It's rather warm. I let it go for now. While she sleeps I call my brother, Antonio.

-Ello?

-Hey Tony, uh I got a situation.

-What's up Matt?