Jack's Fun Day

Hiii guys! New chapter! I've been experimenting with 3rd person point of view so this chapter will be in 3rd person. Sorry, it's been a bit since I've updated. As some of you know, I've been busy with school and recently I've been having issues with my family that make me wanna scream lol. So hopefully this cute chapter helps with that. Uh yeah, vote and comment if you want, I love reading comments and stuff. Hope you enjoy!

3rd Person POV:

The early morning sun peeked through the curtains, casting a warm glow that filled the room with a soft, amber light. It was a special day for Ariana, one that had been marked on the calendar with a mix of excitement and a slight, lingering apprehension as well as 7 other days that had been marked with two already crossed out. Today, she was set to spend the entire day with Jack, one of her eight older brothers. This day was part of a carefully thought-out plan by their brothers, aimed at strengthening the bonds between Ariana and her siblings, following her recent reunion with the family.

Jack, at 16, was the kind of brother who seemed wrapped up in his world, often oblivious to the subtleties of family dynamics when in a good mood. Despite his sometimes clueless demeanor, there was an underlying kindness in him that couldn't be overlooked. Today, he had no grand plans, no bags packed for an adventurous outing—just a simple, fun day planned, hoping to make his little sister smile. No one would expect this when the two had first met but some think Jack is coming around to the thought of a baby sister.

Ariana, only 12, stood at the threshold of her bedroom, her heart pounding slightly faster than usual. She had told everyone that she had forgiven Jack for the misunderstandings of the past, yet a tiny knot of worry remained lodged in the pit of her stomach. She breathed deeply, trying to calm the flutter of butterflies that seemed to have taken permanent residence there.

As she stepped out of her room, the sounds of a household slowly waking up filled the air. The aroma of coffee drifted from the kitchen, mingling with the faint sound of morning news on the TV. Ariana made her way downstairs, each step a tentative move towards a day that she hoped would be filled with laughter and new memories.

Jack was already in the kitchen, rummaging through the cupboard for snacks. He turned as he heard her approach, a broad grin spreading across his face. 

"Hey, Ari!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with a cheer that was both genuine and slightly overdone, in the way older brothers often are when they're trying to make an effort. 

"Ready to kick off an epic day of ultimate fun?" Ariana managed a small smile, nodding slightly. 

"Yeah, let's go," she replied, her voice a mixture of nervousness and genuine anticipation.

The plan was simple. They would start with a walk in the park, where the early morning light created a beautiful, almost magical landscape. Then, perhaps a visit to the local arcade, followed by ice cream at Jack's favorite spot in town. No distractions, no interruptions, just a brother and sister.

The park was serene in the early morning, with dew still clinging to the blades of grass, sparkling under the rising sun. The air was crisp, filled with the fresh scent of earth and greenery, a perfect setting for a day meant for bonding and healing. Jack and Ariana entered the park, the gravel crunching softly under their shoes, a rhythmic sound that seemed to echo the tentative peace between them.

Jack led the way, pointing out a family of ducks paddling around in the pond, their movements smooth and unhurried. 

"Look at them, just chilling without a care in the world," he commented, trying to draw a parallel that might lighten the mood.