Confrontation

Mathew's POV:

Today's the day we confront Ari about the journal. We're not mad, we just want her to be okay.

-Hey, Mathew, I'm going to go get Nick from the airport. I'll be back soon.

-Be safe, Gio! Take Tony with you.

-Yeah, yeah, bye.

I chuckle as those two walk out the door. Soon Metias comes down the stairs, I look up to see him there and he looks exhausted. 

-Stay up all night? 

-Only until like three. 

-You need to sleep more kid. 

-Oh, I know but just had too much of my mind with Ari, Nico, Jack, and Logan. Plus the fact that Nick's coming back early. 

-Yeah I get it.

-What are we going to do about Ari, Mathew?

I let out a sigh before taking a sip of my coffee.

-Well I think we should just sit her down and show her we have the journal, tell her we read it, and see if she reacts. And then kind of just let her know we're there for her, but that we also need to talk about some things. Because I understand what she goes through but I don't want her self-harming. It breaks my heart to know she does, and then the smoking weed we'll have to talk about that.

-Really? I thought we should just kind of let her do it anyway.

-Oh I'm not saying we're not. I'm just saying we need to talk to her about it and see if she's addicted, and how much she smokes, and then maybe we could just limit her for stress relief because she also mentioned in the journal she won't take medication meaning technically we could get her in with therapist but if they prescribe her or anything she won't take it.

Just then Logan and Jack come down the stairs and join us in the kitchen.

-If she won't take the medicine, then why don't we just force her to?

-Because Logan I'm not going to force her to do anything and it's only going to stress her out more and make things worse.

-Oh well that makes sense. You know maybe we should plan to do something with her like just all of us go out and hang out with her. You know make her feel loved and stuff.

-Yeah that's a good idea but first, we have to figure out this mess.

-Is she going to be in any trouble?

-Well it all depends on how she reacts about it. If she behaves about this and can manage to stay calm for the most part not doing anything huge then no. She should be fine because honestly most of the things that went down, she did in the past so I can't punish her now. But the new entry I'll talk to her about that. I don't think she should be in any trouble.

-And what if she reacts badly and doesn't want to talk to us?

-Then we don't pressure her. She's going to have to talk to us about it eventually but if today she doesn't want to then we'll let it be for today.

-Well, that's a good idea, I think.

-Hey, Jack, do you think you can go wake her up? She needs to eat breakfast.

-Yeah, I'll go.

I watch him run up the stairs and I shake my head. I turn to face Logan and Metias who look on edge.

-What?

They look at each other before looking at me. Metias speaks.

-Are we all going to be there when you talk to her?