crush

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

I got up rubbing my eyes. I stretched my arms, walking to the bathroom.

I brush my teeth. I do my makeup, hair and get dressed. I did a more simple look today more natural. To be honest I think I look cute.

My light brown hair looked fluffy. I smiled at how cute I looked.

I grabbed my phone debating whether or not to text Tom like I would normally do. One of the first things I would do in the morning was text Tom, not like he would respond right away or even ten minutes later.

But who cares?

I decide not to text him after remembering about last night. I sprayed perfume on. Then I headed downstairs.

I peered in the living room to see my dad wasn't there. I tiptoed to the kitchen, he wasn't there either. Weird.

I shrug it off and put my shoes on, grabbing my keys, throwing them into my bag. I walk out the door, locking it.

TOMS POV

I woke up with a banging headache. I think I'm gonna be sick. I start up quickly, a bit too quickly. I stand there for a second seeing my vision go blank.

I blink several times. I sigh.

I forgot why I got up so urgently. I felt something slowly come up my throat. Oh yeah that's why. I'm gonna be sick.

I rush the my bathroom. I throw up in the toilet. After, I sat down breathing slowly. God I need water.

What time even is it? When did I get home? How did I get home? Did Melanie make it home okay? Who took her home?

I can't remember much from last night.

I close my eyes trying to remember last nights events. So, I remember arriving, dancing with Julie. I smirk at the memory.

I don't remember anything about Melanie. Odd. I keep trying to think. I got a ton of drinks. I was having fun with Julie then we went to get more.. drinks? I think anyway.

Melanie was at the bar. Julie went the toilet. Melanie walked over to me. The rest is all a blur.

It was probably nothing. I got up slowly. I walked back into my room checking the time. It's 7:17AM.

I'm gonna be late. Oh well.

I checked my phone to see if Melanie had text me. She.. hadn't? That's unusual. Normally, she would text me when she first gets up, which is around 6am to 6:30am.

Did she sleep in? No she couldn't have. Melanie never sleeps in.

I'll quickly check up on her when I make it to school. You know I'm thinking about not going to school. I'm too tired and hungover for this.

But I do get to see Julie, maybe?

It's worth it. You see how she was last night? All over me. You can't tell me that was nothing. If that's not madly in love with someone I don't know what is.

-

I make it to school and on time somehow. I see Melanie walking over to her locker. She looked pretty today.

I walk over to her. I learn against the locker next to hers. She glanced at me, but this glance was different.

It wasn't filled with love, kindness it was filled with nothing. Nothing? Just blank. A void.

I stare at her confused. She turned to look at me, she stopped putting her books in her locker. "Do you need something?" She asks. There was nothing to her tone of voice. Not rude nor excitement.

"Um yeah" I say confused because of how she's acting. I raises her eyebrows. She nods for me to go on. "Oh so how did you get home last night?" I ask. "I walked" she says blankly.

"Why?" I ask. "Cause I felt like it" she says rolling her eyes. She turns her body to face her locker. Melanie starts shoving books in her locker.

"Did anything happen?" I ask curiously. She sighs, big. Melanie bites her inner cheek, looking around thinking of what to say.

She nods. "What happened?" I ask. "Nothing.. much" she says quietly. "Just tell me" I say laughing slightly.

Melanie licks her lips. "You were just acting strange" she says annoyed. Melanie then immediately slams her locker. She takes her bag from the floor and speed walks away.

I stare at her in confusion of what she meant.

MELANIES POV

I didn't want to tell Tom. I was a bit cold to him but can you blame me? I do feel bad though. Maybe I should apologise. Yeah I think I should. I'll do it when I see him next.

I'm sitting in my seat waiting for the rest of the class to arrive. I start to tap my pencil on the table, bored.

Eventually, I see other students walk into the class, taking their seats. Laughing with.. friends. I wish I had friends. It's my own fault.

The class is nearly full but we're missing two people. Wanna take a guess? Oh yeah that's right. Tom and Julie.

What a coincidence?

The teacher begins to start the lesson.

-

Half an hour into the lesson Tom arrives. I sorta smile seeing him show up even though he's late. I've noticed that recently he's actually been turning up to classes.

Even though he only started when Julie arrived but I still get to see him more.. I think.

Um actually never mind. I used to see him sometimes in class and outside of class and outside of school. Now I see him class and sometimes outside of class and barely ever outside of school.

Makes me sad thinking about it. I don't what it is about that Julie girl but she doesn't seem.. what's the word? Like she's fake. She seems like one of thoughts fake popular girls, who use people.

I shouldn't judge people without evidence.

Tom sits next to me. I turn my head to him. He smiles at me. "Tom" I whisper. I raises his eyebrows. "Mhm" he hums.

"I'm sorry about being off before" I say looking down slightly. He laughs a little. "Don't worry about it" Tom says rubbing my arm.

I smile brightly at him.

Then Julie walks in. Now all of Toms attention went to her. Of course she has to ruin my moment.

When I think about it Tom is just a crush. Let's face it, it's not going to be destiny.