friends

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

Walking to school, I'm still trying to process what happened last night. I mean it was just so unexpected. I was confused and shocked yet happy.

What made her realise?

Oh well at least she's realised.

I just don't want her to switch up on me, you know? What if she switches up on me?

I hope not.

Probably the most excited and happy I've been ever since Tom. Wait I seriously need to stop thinking about him. Like seriously.

It makes me yo mad when I think about him not because it's him I'm thinking of it's because I'm thinking of him. If you get what I mean?

I walk in to school. At least this time not that many people are looking at me, which makes me feel better. But what would be even better is if I actually had some friends or at least one friend.

That's all I'm asking for. A friend.

I continue to walk down the hallway to my locker. I open my locker and start to put my stuff in.

MELISAS POV

I'm at Alison's locker with Stacy and obviously Alison considering this is her locker. I look around and see that Melanie girl all on her own.

I feel bad for her.

She opens her locker and starts to puts stuff in it. I sigh.

"Should we go and talk to Melanie and see if she wants to hang with us?" I ask Alison and Stacy. Even though we all know what Stacy is going to say.

Why won't she just give Melanie a chance. She seems nice.

"No. Melisa. I thought we already talked about this!" Stacy says with an attitude. "Just give her a chance" I say. "No way! She's such a slut" Stacy says.

"And how would you know that?" Alison asks closing her locker. "Oh please. She should be glued to Tom of course she's a slut" Stacy says.

"Stacy" Alison says. "Mhm" Stacy hums. "Shut up, thanks" Alison says giving Stacy a fake smile.

"Come on let's go talk to her" Alison says. "I'm not" Stacy says " that's fine. It will be better without you anyway" Alison says.

We walk over to Melanie.

Melanie closes her locker and turns around. She jumps a bit seeing us behind her. She had her hand on her heart.

"Sorry, you guys scared me" she says sweetly and giving us a smile. "Sorry we didn't mean to scare you" I say.

"We were just wondering if you wanted to maybe hang out with us?" Alison says. "Sure" Melanie reply's quickly. Very quickly. She sounded really excited too which I thought was cute.

"I mean. Sure" she says slower and calmer.

"I'm Melisa and this is Alison" I say introducing ourselves. "I'm Melanie" she says.

"Aren't you in the same class as me?" Alison questions Melanie. "Um I think so, you used to sit next to me" Melanie answers.

"You next to Tom now? Don't you?" Alison asks. "Yeah" Melanie says looking at the ground. She sounded sad.

"Are you okay? Did we say something?" I ask. "No, no. It's just I'm not the best with Tom" Melanie says.

"Oh why? What happened?" We question her. "Oh well we got into this argument and he basically said I wasn't pretty enough to be.. with" she says.

"That bastard" Alison says. "How could he say that" Alison adds on sounding annoyed.

Melanie shrugs. "Maybe we should change the subject" I suggest. "Sorry if I made you guys uncomfortable or made it depressing" Melanie apologises.

"You don't have to be sorry I just thought that might make you forget about it" I say. Melanie gives me a smile.

The bell rings.

"Ugh I have classes with Stacy" I say rolling my eyes. "You guys are so lucky" I say. "I think I'd rather be in a class with Stacy than Julie" Melanie says.

"Julie? As in the new Julie?" Alison asks. Melanie nods. "I hate her so much" I say. "She's so bitchy" Alison says.

"Bye guys my class is the other way" I say waving at them. "Bye" Alison says.

"Bye" Melanie says waving at me.

I begin to walk to my class. Great I'm going to get a lecture from Stacy. Wish me luck.

MELANIES POV

I wave goodbye to Melisa.

"Do you wanna ask the teacher if you can move to the front next to me?" Alison asks. "Sure" I say nodding my head.

"I don't know why I haven't thought of talking to you before" she says. "Well no did really so" I say. "I guess it's that whole blend in with the crowd thing" she says.

"I suppose" I say. "You're nothing what everyone says you're going to be like. I mean i never thought you was going to be what everyone said I'm just saying" Alison rambled.

I laughed. "What does everyone say I'm like?" I ask. "Well bitchy, not nice, self absorbed, selfish, spoiled," Alison says. My jaw slowly begins to drop.

"And um a sluty whore" she says but I didn't quite hear the last bit. "What?" I ask confused. "A slutty whore" she says but I still can't hear her. "I can't hear you" I say laughing a bit.

"A slutty whore" she says. But this time I heard her. "Oh" is all I say. "Obviously I know you're not like that. "You're super super nice" she says.

"You're like the total opposite of what everyone says." Alison says.

I stay quiet for a moment. I breathe in.

"I wonder why everyone thinks that" I ponder. "Me too" Alison says. "Probably half the people who say that stuff haven't even had one conversation to me" I say.

"You shouldn't care what other people think of you" Alison says. "I know" I say.

"I try not to, but it's still always at the back of my mind" I say. "It's like when I was with Tom I always thought about what he thought of me" I say.

"That's why I used to dress like take" I admit.

"Damn. You was down bad for him" Alison says. "I know" I say dragging out the 'know' part.