jealous

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

Melisa was talking to me about whatever and I know I should be listening she's my friend but all I can think about was what happened last night.

Did he really mean that?

Maybe she's got him under a spell. Melanie don't be silly.

Melisa waves her hand in my face. "Melanie" she says. "Huh" I say. "Are you okay?" She asks. Should I tell her? I don't know. How would she react?

"Yeah why?" I say putting a smile on my face. She stares at me. Did she not believe me? "You seem out of it" she says. I shrug and smile at her. "I'm not" I say.

"Then why don't I believe you?" She says squinting her eyes at me. "Trust issues..?" I say nervously. "Or you're lying" she says bluntly. "I'm.. not" I say.

That sounded unbelievable.

"Did something happen?" She asks, "no.." I say. Gosh I feel like I'm being interrogated. I might start sweating, I don't want that. Uhh I'll have to tell her the truth.

"Well kinda but it's not that big of a deal. I'm just dramatic" I say and I'm not lying when I say I'm dramatic I can be some times.

"Also I don't take things that well.. I'm a bit sensitive" I say, which also isn't a lie.

"Come one you can tell me" Melisa says. "It's nothing. I just saw Julie and Tom in the park yesterday" I explain. "Did they say anything?" She asks.

"Not to me" I say. "Well what did they say?" She asks, "just Tom said he was glad he left me and Julie was just being a bitch" I say quickly.

Melisa looks at me and takes a deep breath in and out. "Melanie the only way you're going to stop feeling anything towards him is to move on" she says.

"How do I move on?" I ask, "find someone else" Melisa says, "who?" I ask, "anyone!" She says. "Or you could go out with his brother" she suggests. "Why would I do that?" I ask confused.

"Because it will hurt him" she says "how? He obviously doesn't care about me" I say sad, "he'll act like he doesn't but as soon as you're speaking to Bill he will" she explains, "I don't know if I can do it" I say hesitantly

"You can. Believe in yourself" she says. I stay silent. Thinking. She's right. I should just move on. It's just.. difficult. But I don't know about the whole trying to get with his brother thing.

If I'm going to move one and find someone else it shouldn't be with someone that he knows or is close to.

I sigh. "I'll try to move on" I say. "That's good" she says, "but I'm not getting with his brother" I say. "Aw why not?" She says. "Because if I move on I don't want it to be with someone that Tom is close to" I explain.

"You're too sweet" she says. I smile at her.

-

I see Alison and Stacey waiting for us. We walk over to them. I don't think Stacey likes me very much.

Stacey looks at me disgusted. "Ew, slut!" Stacey squeals and jumps back a little. She looks me up and down. "Stacey shut up" Alison says. "It's not my fault you invited a slut" Stacey replies.

"She's not a slut" Melisa says, "believe what you guys wanna believe but it doesn't defeat the truth" Stacey says. "What is wrong with you?" Alison asks Stacey.

"No, what wrong with you?" Stacey says. "Stacey just leave" Melisa says. "What?" Stacey asks confused. "Leave" Melisa says slowly. "Fine" Stacey says then she walks away.

"Sorry about that" Melisa says. "It's fine" I say smiling.

-

School at finished and I was taking stuff out of my locker. Alison had got herself detention and Melisa had an appointment to go to. So I was just by myself, which I didn't mind. I'm usually by myself.

I close my locker and I start to walk away. Until I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn around and it's Leo?

"Hey" Leo says smiling at me. "Hi" I say confused. "I've realised you haven't been around Tom for a while" he says. "Oh yeah" I say sad. "Sorry I didn't mean to make you sad" he says.

"It's just I've wanted to go out with you for a while but I wasn't able to because of Tom" he says. I look up at him. "Really?" I say with smile on my face. "Yeah" he smiles at me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out this weekend" he says. "Sure" I say.

He gives me his phone number.

"See you" he says. "Bye" I say. He walks past me, I follow him with my eyes.

TOMS POV

I was walking out with Julie until she remembered she forgot something. Julie told me wait here so I did.

As I was waiting I saw Melanie. I watched as she closed her locker. Melanie began to walk away, she was all alone. Then I saw Leo chase after her.

Leo taps her on the shoulder and she turns around kinda shocked to see him. Why would Leo be talking to her or trying to find her?

Leo says something and she.. replied! What the fuck. She knows I hate Leo. Leo then start talking and whatever he said made her sad. He then start to speak again but this time she looks up and smiles.

Nah, what?

What is this shit.

He hands her a note. She looks at it and smiles. They say their goodbyes and Leo walks away. Melanie looks behind her and watches as he walks away.

I felt like going over to her and asking what the fuck was that about. And I was until I felt Julie slap me.

"What the fuck?" I say. "You seemed like you was in your own world" Julie says shrugging "and you was staring a bit too hard at Melanie" she says annoyed. "What? No I wasn't" I say.

"Yes you was" Julie says.

"Don't forget you chose me" she says.

"Anyways take me shopping" she says so suddenly "what?" I say confused.

"Take. Me. Shopping." Julie says leaving a gap between each word. "God you're not stupid too" Julie says rolling her eyes.