ease dropping

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

Julie sat down, Tom was smirking at her. I frown my eyebrows. Why does all his attention go to her!?

Who's always been there for him? Me.

Who's never betrayed him? Me.

Who's actually interested in him? Me.

Who changed herself for him? Me.

I've done everything and yet some hoe bag walks in and now all his attention goes to her. I turn away from them, I huff.

I wanna go home.

I don't understand what he finds so intriguing about Julie. Why does he want her so badly? Was I not enough? I know I was only a back up option, maybe I've put myself into this position.

I only have myself to blame. My dad has always been right. I'm useless, just a second choice. Always a second choice.

I can't believe sometimes I actually think Tom loves me. How delusional can I be?

This is all I'm going to think about all day. How lovely.

Wait I could be a sad little loner who just watches as everything takes place or I could suck it up and try to take Tom back and maybe this time he'll love me for real.

I start to slowly smile. This is the first time I've had a bit of hope in a while. It feels nice. I actually believe in myself.

I turn back to Tom and Julie, they're giving each other smiles and smirks. Julie's giggling. I see Julie write down something, fold it and pass it to Tom. He unfolds it and reads. He chuckles, shaking his head.

Tom writes something back and hands her it. They proceed to do this back and forth. Finally I'd had enough. I turn away.

I don't have hope anymore. Tom won't even need me. Why couldn't have I been better?

I'm so stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! STUPID!

The bell rings and I watch as Julie and Tom walk out.. together! I slowly walk out and watch as they walk to Julie's locker. He's holding her stuff.

I stand there. I think about how he's treating her better than he treated me. I feel my eyes become watery and I had a heavy feeling in my chest. I sniffle.

I walk away and head to the toilets. On my way there I walk past some girls and I over hear them say some things.

"Aw look it's Toms slut" one of them say, "she's on her own" another says, "she's probably used up" they laugh.

I put my head down. I push the bathroom door open and quickly go into a cubical. I feel my lip tremble and breathing becoming uncontrollable.

I close my eyes and press my back against one side of the cubical. I slide down it. Sitting on the floor I begin to cry, quietly.

Is this why Tom doesn't want me? Am I too emotional? Why can't I be better?

I hear someone walk in. I'm still trying to be quiet.

I hear a familiar voice. Julie.

Ugh why does she have to be in here?

I stop crying for a minute and try to listen in on their conversation. I know I shouldn't but sometimes you need to do things that are wrong.

Not super, super bad things just like small bad things like listening in on other people's conversations.

"So I see you've been trying to get on Tom" someone says. "Mm I suppose" Julie says, "for now" Julie also says. I frown in confusion.

What was that supposed to mean?

"For now?" The girl says. "Well until I find someone better" Julie says in a 'duh' tone and obviously a hint of bitchiness.

"You really think you can find someone better than Tom?" She asks. "Of course, someone who's less desperate" Julie laughs.

Toms not desperate! Well. Um anyway.

"Do you have any interest in Tom?" She asks, "mm not really, he's just hot" Julie says unbothered.

So what's the point in doing all this? Does she not think? The wonky slut.

Wait sorry that was a bit mean and harsh. I may not like her, a lot, I shouldn't be horrible that's not the way to be.

"So if you do somehow find someone better than Tom would you leave him?" She asks, "um duh who do you think I am? That dog Melanie, Toms personal slut" Julie says.

I'm not a slut!! I've only ever loved one guy! I've only ever did it with one guy!

Tom.

"Do you think Toms interested in you?" She asks, "defo, but I just have to get him away from Melanie" Julie says.

"That's not possible" she says, "what'd you mean?" Julie asks. "Tom will always pick Melanie. It's always been the way" she says.

I smile. He will always pick me.. or will he? I hope he will pick me.

"That will change cause of me" Julie says cockily. "Oh really? And how you planning on doing that?" She says, "easy, make him hate her," Julie says.

I gasp, silently.

"Then we'll be together cause he's been chasing after me since I first started this school. And I'll break up with him once I've found someone better" Julie says.

"Why you doing all this?" She asks. My question exactly. "Well because I need my old reputation back" Julie says. "Old reputation?" She says.

"Yeah, in my old school I was the most hottest and populist girl in my whole school" Julie sighs. "And you're gonna get that back by getting with Tom?" She asks.

"Yep" Julie says as if she's proud.

"Well cya I'm going to get back to my boy toy" Julie says. "Bye" she says.

I hear walking then the door opening and closing. I can still see the other girl standing there in front of the mirrors.

I look between the crack of the cubicle. She was blonde and clearly fixing her makeup. She smiled at herself and walked out.

I sigh. I wasn't crying anymore. All though I did feel the stained tears down my cheek and my eyelashes felt wet

I sniffle, I need to warn Tom or try to confront Julie.

A/N
Sorry I haven't updated in so long I've just been preparing for my upcoming dance exam and picking my options. But once that's all out the way I will become more active.