mums back

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

I was chilling in my room. Didn't really know what to do.

Mmm maybe I should go the library. Yeah that sounds like a good idea. The library is only around the corner. Probably a ten minute walk.

Then I'll read for a bit in there then I'll go for a walk in the walk. You know get out a bit more.

I run downstairs and put my shoes on. I hear a groan coming from the living room. I peep my head around the corner to see what was going on.

Oh. My dad was waking up. I should probably hurry up and go. I don't wanna be here when he fully wakes up.

I quickly grab my keys, run to the door and walk out.

I sigh.

I begin to walk to the library. I should have brought a coat. It's freezing. Or I should have brought a jacket, cardigan or something. I hope the library is warm.

-

I open the library door. I walk in. Gosh, it's big in here. I walk in farther.

I'm going to explore a bit then I'll get to reading. I'm surprised I haven't been here before. Younger me would've of loved it.

I always used to love to read in the school library.

I begin to look around. There's some computers here you can use. That's cool. So many book shelves.

I walk to the stairs. So if downstairs is where all the books and computers are what's upstairs?

I finally made it to the top of the stairs. Woah. There's so many chairs and couches and stuff. A couple of more book shelves and only two computers.

I think this might be my new favourite place.

I skip over to the couches and sit down. These are really comfy. I lie my head back and look at the ceiling. I stay like that for a while.

I pick my head up and look around. I stand up. I begin to look at all the different books to see which ones catch my eye.

I dragged my index finger along the side of the books, reading the names. I stop at a certain one. Goosebumps. I always used to hear the kids in my class talking about these books. I missed out on them.

This one says, The Scarecrow Walks At Midnight. Sounds interesting. Might read it for a little bit.

-

I've nearly read the whole collection. I look at the clock. Gosh it's 7:00pm already?

I should probably go for my walk now. I put the books back and hop down the stairs. I walk out the doors.

The park is just across the street. I walk around for five minutes and then walk back home. It's getting late I don't want to be out too long. You don't know what weirdos.

I enter the park. Jeez I really really regret not bringing a coat or something.

You know I've changed my mind I'm going home. I turn around and walk out of the park. I just can't take the cold.

I cross my arms and quickly walk home.

I make it at my front door, I take my key out from my pocket then I heard yelling coming from inside my house.

Before I open the door I decide to listen in first. I look through the window. My dad was awake and there was a woman in the living room with him. They were arguing, I think.

"YOU ALWAYS DO THIS!" My dad shouts. "OH PLEASE. ITS NOT LIKE YOURE GONNA GIVE ME ANYTHING" she shouts back. Wait was that my mum? Oh my god my mums back.

"SO YOU CAN JUST SLEEP AROUND?" My dad yells. "YOU HAVENT CARED BEFORE" my mum yells. "MAYBE BECAUSE YOU HAVENT BEEN GONE FOR FIVE WEEKS BEFORE" he yells.

"IM SORRY THAT I DONT WANT TO BE AROUND YOU AND YOUR BEER BELLY" she yells. "OH SO THIS IS WHAT ITS ABOUT?" He shouts.

Gosh, they argue like teenagers. Okay so I could try to sneak in and be really quiet going to my room.

I open the door and quietly shut it behind me. I take my shoes off and quietly walk to the stairs. "YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BITCH. IVE TRIED YOU EVERYTHING AND THATS STILL NOT ENOUGH?" I could tell he was getting angrier.

I look behind me quickly just to see what was going on. I see charge towards my mum and punch her right in the face.

She gets up and pushes him. "you're a dirty piece of shit" she says, blood dripping from her nose. I should prolly hurry up to my room before that happens to me.

I quietly go upstairs and go to my room. I shut it behind me. I sigh.

So my mum has been with some other guy for five weeks. Nice to know I guess..

I mean she always does this. But she hasn't been gone for thus long before. I really regret coming home.

I hear someone come up the stairs and knock on my door. I think it's my mum she normally knocks on the door.

I walk over to the door and open it slightly. Yep it's my mum. She smiles at me. I think she's in a good mood even though if I was her I wouldn't be if that happened to me.

"Can I come in?" She asks smiling. I nod and smile at her. I open the door so she could walk in. She sits on my bed.

I stare at her. "Come and sit" she said patting a space next to her. I slowly walk over to her and sit next to her hesitantly.

I didn't if she was going to switch up on me.

"So I know I've been absent a lot and I haven't been the best mum to you" she says. Okay what is going on? I'm so confused.

"And I just can't believe I've been letting you stay with that man" she says disappointed in herself. "I want to be a better mum to you" she says. "I want to make up for everything" she says.

"What's made you realise this" I ask. "I don't know, I've just been thinking about it for a while" she says. I nod slowly.

"We could move houses away from him and I could get to know you a bit more and we could you know catch up and do mother and daughter things" she says. I smile at her.

"That sounds nice" I say.