strike two

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

I stand up and open the cubical. I go to the mirrors and begin to fix myself up. I wipe my dried up tears and redo my makeup. I tidy up my hair and smile at myself.

I rush out. Now time to find Tom.

Where could he be? He's not normally this hard to find. I going around like a crazy person just to find him.

While looking for him I get stopped by Julie. "Hey" Julie says. "Hi" I say back smiling just trying to be nice. "So I know you think Tom and you have a special connection and all but you really don't" she says.

I frown. "Just think about it he'll leave you for literally anyone who's better than you" she says. But isn't that exactly what she's doing to him?

I would bring that up but then she'll know that I know which I don't want. She can't know that I know. "I love him" I say. "That doesn't mean he loves you" she says.

"Does that matter?" I ask. "Well yeah" she says rudely. "That's how love works, are you stupid?" She says. I don't say anything. "Let me explain it to you" she says.

"You love him and he's meant to love you back" she says nodding. "Oh but he doesn't love you" she says with a fake pout on her face.

"How would you knew that?" I ask. "Because it's quite obviously he likes me" she says confidently. "Has he told you that he does?" I ask.

"He doesn't need to I already know" she says with a sly smile. "Does anyone even love you?" She asks suddenly, "what'd you mean by that?" I ask sadly.

"Have you ever felt love before? Real love? When someone actually cares about you" she says. "Must be sad cause a lot of people love me and care for me" she says.

"People care about me" I say, "mm you sure about that?" She laughs. I nod. "Who does then?" She asks crossing her arms. "Tom cares about me" I say quietly.

"What was that?" She asks snarky. "Tom cares about me" I say a bit louder, looking down. "Aw that's so sad! You actually think he cares about you" she says pouting.

"Aren't you adorable" she says.

"You can leave now" she says. "Go on go! Flat ass" she says.

I walk away. I really hate how this week is going. Why does she have to be so horrible? I'm just trying to get through the day!

People care about me! Tom cares about me! I think anyway. And I do not have a flat ass! It's just as big as hers..

How can she be so confident that Tom loves her? They've only known each other for four days or so!

I've known Tom for way longer so of course me and him have a better connection!

I feel like I'm going to cry again. Hope I can keep it under control this time. I just need to distract myself. I just need to find Tom.

Then I can tell him what I over heard and the fact that Julie is a horrible little bitch.

Eventually, I see Tom, he's a couple of metres away from me. The closer I get to him I start to see that he's with Julie?

How did Julie get to him before me?

I walk over to them. Tom notices my presence and turns to me. He doesn't smile at me, not even a slight smile. Have I done something wrong?

Tom looked at me almost disappointed. I look at Julie she had a smirk on her face. What has she said?

"I've known you for a long time Melanie, I didn't expect you to actually be a horrible bitch" he says. My face drops. "What?" I almost fail to get out.

"What are you talking about?" I ask concerned. "Julie's already told me what you said" he says.

Even if I did say something which I didn't he wouldn't usual care. So why does he care?

Julie starts to fake cry. I pull a confused face. "I thought you was nice!" She says "don't act confused" Tom says. "But I am confused.." I say.

"You went around spreading rumours about Julie. She's new as well" he explains. "I haven't spread rumours. You know I don't spread rumours Tom" I say breathing in.

"And why would Julie lie?" He asks. The true question is why wouldn't she lie? "Tom, why would I lie?" I say.

"I don't maybe because you're jealous?" He says. Yes I am jealous but I wouldn't do that. "I don't know why you think it's me" I say. "I heard you tell people" Julie chimes in still fake crying.

"What was I telling people exactly?" I ask. "You-you-you" Julie stutters and puts her head into Toms shoulder. I frown.

"I can't say" she says muffled into his shoulder. "Tom she's lying" I say. Julie puts her head up. "I'm not!" She says.

"Melanie don't speak to me" he says. "All because you think I spread some rumours?" I ask hurt. "It's not just that" he says.

"Then what is it?" I ask upset, "god can you just go away" he raised his voice at me.

I try to stay calm. "Okay" I say plainly, I turn around and walk away. The bell rings but I'm going home.

I walk out the doors and begin to go home.

This is strike two because he believed Julie over me, wouldn't hear me out, told me to go away and for what?

I hate being accused of things. How could he believe Julie over me? Why did he care so much? Maybe Julie's right.

Tom doesn't love me or care about me.

I'm kinda hoping he will talk to me again. I miss him already.

I walk in and go to my room. I put my back against my door and slide down. I just sit there and stare into space.

What if Tom never speaks to me again? He's the only person I have.. He's my comfort.. He's the reason why I smile everyday.

I love going to his house after school.

What am I going to do with myself?