-Chapter 7-

That night for the first time Abhi did not have any nightmares

That night for the first time Abhi did not have any nightmares. he slept though the night peacefully. The next few days were a blur. Abhi concentrated on getting better. he kept himself confined to the room. Ash flew over to talk to him about his statement. he was due to give his preliminary statement before a judge in a weeks time. She was there to coach him. he had seen the statement already. He had nothing against it except the fact that it said that Karan led the rescue mission. He kept insisting that it was the dark phoenix. In the end Ash walked away upset. He did not understand what upset her so much. He was speaking the truth. Her husband might be a hero but the real hero was the Dark Phoenix. he could not let anyone take away the credit from him.

He was exhausted and he did not realize when he drifted off to a trouble sleep. When he woke up the room was eerily dark. He remembered turning on the lamp before he slept. He immediately reached for the fruit knife that he kept under his bed. He did not trust a soul. He would protect himself.

A shadow moved in the darkness. Abhi tensed. He waited for the shadow to grab him but he was surprised when the shadow walked over to him and turned on the night light. he was shocked to see the masked man. 

"Darkness does not do anyone favors, kid. Why did you turn off the lights?" The deep baritone voice shocked him. He rubbed his eyes, he wanted to make sure he was not hallucinating. He was still there. He gathered courage and touched him gently. He gasped when he realized that he was indeed there.