-Chapter 20-

The morning rays disturbed Arjun's sleep

The morning rays disturbed Arjun's sleep. He opened his eyes and glared at the annoying drapes as if they were to fault. The damn things were supposed to remain shut. He made it a point to keep them shut, but his charming wife must have pulled them apart just to annoy him. That was so Roohi!

He got to shut the drapes. His sleep was already disturbed. He mood fowl. He needed to beat the irritation out of his system. That was the only way he could be civil for any company.

He made his way to the gym, his mood still grumpy. When he opened the gym he saw Abhi on treadmill. He looked at his watch. The damn kid did not have a single habit that could be termed normal.

"Tu itne subah subah yaha kya kar raha hai(What are you doing here so early in the morning)?" He glared at him annoyed.

Abhi looked startled, he did not expect to see him there. He almost slipped and caught himself at the last minute.

"Gym?" He drawled. The rockstar had spooked him. he was always cautious of his surroundings, but the man could move like a silent predator. He had not heard his footsteps at all. If he did think of him as harmless he would never have been so careless around him.

"Right! I though you were dancing" Arjun rolled his eyes and made his way to the weights and stopped dead in his tracks. Leo was lazing there on the mat, looking at him with those sadistic little eyes.

"What is the wolf doing here?" Arjun glared at Abhi.

The boy could not hold back the laugh. The treadmill was on set on 7RPM. Abhi's steps faltered. He would have fallen flat on his face, if not for Arjun who caught him on time and hit the cool off button at the same time. 

"What the hell is wrong with you, Abhi" His voice boomed, as he helped him down from the treadmill. Abhi looked a little spooked. He knew the risks of slipping on a treadmill. He was always careful, he was way too relaxed around Arjun. That was the real problem.

"Do you not know the risks of using the damn machine?" Arjun yelled. "If you slipped you would have broken your bones....."

"Sorry bahiyu" Abhi tried to pacify him but Arjun in that mood was hard to pacify.

"That's it kid. You are banned from the gym. Get out. Don't come back. Ever"

"No, no...." Abhi shook his head. "Sorry bhaiyu, i will be very careful next time. It's just that, I was..... Its my fault okay. I will be careful. Please. I need to exercise. Di is not letting me go out for jogging....."

"Why?" Arjun glared at him as it that was his fault.

"Bhai leave pe hai. (Shawn bhai is on leave). She will not send me with anyone else and she is too busy today. Please let me....."

"Ek din break le loge to kya pahad toot padega? (If you take a break for a day, will the world end?)"

Abhi's face fell. He picked up leo who was still lazing around. He asked, but he would never beg! He took a step towards the door but Arjun held him back.