09 | New Job

Rhysand's Point Of View

It's been 2 hours and 30 minutes. She never called back after that. Did I scare her that bad? I didn't mean to. I was trying to help to calm her down and let her think of something else maliban sa pag-aalala nitong uuwi muli ng mag-isa. Hindi ako nakatulong. Mas lalo pa siyang natakot. I reached my left eyebrow and scratch it. Napapikit na lamang ako sa bagay na nagawa.

But she said it. As of now, no one's around to play hide and pretend with her. Imbes na mabuhayan ako ng loob ay parang hindi tama. Things always change. A person's mind has no limit when it comes to changing. What was his plan? Why did he stop?

Nadapo ang aking tingin sa phone nang tumawag si Uly. Agad kong sinagot 'yon only to hear his first line of threat. "I told you, the corpse bag is still in my attic." He sounds different and demanding, but I know it's only out of concern towards her.

"I'm sorry. Is she okay?" Paghingi ko ng paumanhin. "She's not responding to my calls."

I've been trying to contact her after she ended it but nothing's happening. Siguro ay galit na 'yon sa akin. Napa-iling ako sa naisip.

"She is now asleep. Thanks to you, mapipilitan akong matulog dito."

I smirked with that and at the same time, was satisfied with the information. Hindi umuwing mag-isa ang babae'ng 'yon. And right now, someone's important is with her.

"My jokes cross the line, I'm sorry."

"I can tell that you're a kind man. I like you." Nagsalubong ang aking noo sa sinabi niyang 'yon. I have to checked the caller's name just to make sure kung si Uly ba talaga ang tinatawagan ko. "Kaya ko nga ipinaubaya sa 'yo si Jeacela kasi mukhang konsensya rin naman ang kalaban mo."

Smart.

"But do you know what I despise the most?" Pagpapatuloy nito. "Seeing women cry like a baby. Whatever the reason, you're still accountable for your actions."

Hindi ako nakapagsalita. Jeacela cried? 

Tama siya, konsensya ang kalaban ko sakali mang hindi ko nasagot ang mga tawag ni Jeacela noon but this one is different. I have no intention to make someone cry. Kahit sino pa yan but I guess, I've did worst tonight. Hurting someone is not the only thing that can unlock someone's eyes for their tears to come out. Scaring her is one of the fragile thing I shouldn't have done.

"I know, that's why..." Humarap ako sa bintana kung saan tanaw ang may kaliitan ngunit napakaliwanag na buwan. "From now on, I will take her home every night."

"Tsk. How can I restore my trust in you? When a fucking single joke gets into her head that quickly?" Boses paratang ito. "How can I be sure you won't do it again?"

Maingat akong bumuntong hininga sa paraang hindi niya maririnig. "Take out your corpse bag and bury me alive if that'll please you."