chokehold

there's smut! stop at third person pov and resume at Max's pov if you want to skip that part :)

yes i wrote a second chapter for this race bc of the smut

-------------------------------

Japanese GP

Max Verstappen

So I can't believe I'm saying this, but Formula One is on lockdown.

The FIA are being a bunch of stubborn assholes but the entire grid is staying strong and none of us have given in. We signed that petition saying we wouldn't race and we're not going to until Charles and I are given a fair chance to fight for our case.

We're in Japan anyways in hopes that we will get to break the petition upon agreement from the FIA.

I thought about this more on the plane on the way here and I know for a fact that my dad is behind all of this. He will not admit it, so I'll prove it the hard way I suppose. It's just ironic that the man who's pushed me to race and pushed me to win is now the one taking it away from me.

All because I love someone that's not who he would want me to love.

It's stupid.

We'll come out on top of this in the end, I know it. Innocent until proven guilty, and there's no way to prove us guilty.

The only benefit of all of this is it's given me unlimited time with my boyfriend. Yes there's been frustration and there's definitely been some moments of reckoning but in the end he is worth it and I would do just about anything for him.

We worked through whatever the hell was going on last weekend with our incessant arguing and we blamed it on Charles' frustration at trying to find a seat and my anger at my dad.

Neither of those things have gotten better, we both understand what happened the last time we let things go completely out of context and it's not a good plan.

"Well, they have one more day to figure out this petition situation because they're going to have a lot of angry Japanese people to deal with if they cancel the race," Charles says as I step back into the room with coffee and breakfast, just as I had in Singapore.

The other thing that all the drivers have refused to do is give any words to the media ever since the petition was signed. It's honestly awesome to see all 20 drivers uniting behind our cause, I didn't expect it but I'm so grateful for it.

That means media day, my least favorite day of the weekend is... nonexistent.

"Hey Fred," I hear Charles say on the phone from across the room and I instantly perk up.

"Yeah I'm fine," he says. I can't hear a word of what Fred is saying but based on what Charles says I'm going to try to figure it out.

"No, why would I regret it? You signed it too."

Ah, the petition.

"I'd leave Ferrari before Max any day, that's literally what I am doing."

Maybe Fred regrets signing it. I mean it very much took me by surprise that he even signed it but maybe that was peer pressure from both his drivers in same sex relationships with other drivers. It'd look bad from a media perspective if every other team principal happily signed and he refused.

"It's none of your business if I have a drive for next year or not. It's not with you guys so why do you care?"

He looks over at me and rolls his eyes, at this point I don't even need to try to figure out what Fred is telling him.