clarity

Las Vegas GP

Charles Leclerc

Eliot Auclair and his 'acquaintances.'

I honestly didn't know what they had against me besides the fact that I dumped his ass. And even that, anyone would have left him had they been in my position. Abused, unloved, and stuck in a one sided relationship with the power and freedom to leave.

So of course, I left.

I had no idea the story ran deeper than that. Much, much deeper. Over the course of the last week, the story has been uncovered piece by piece and we've been able to put together why everything happened.

I had always wondered how Eliot knew so much about Formula One before we were together, but I never bothered to ask. Even in the early stages of our relationship, he had been able to understand some of the most technical details that I would tell him about. He'd watch my races and comment on small details that I was shocked he noticed.

Now things make more sense though.

That text I had gotten in the meeting room was confirmed to be the last time that Eliot or whoever was on the other end of that line would be able to send me messages. The line got disabled after an large scale legal investigation had been launched. Privileges of being a celebrity, I suppose.

But holy hell, the story runs a while back.

Eliot's cousin, Adrian, had been an aspiring racer. He had never made it out of F3, hence why I didn't know his name at all. They also didn't share the same last name, he and Eliot, and cousins weren't really something we spoke about so that information had just never transpired. In retrospect, Eliot was strangely reserved towards his so-called boyfriend, me.

Anyways, Adrian had been so good in the lower categories that he had been set to jump straight to F1, the same way Max did. I actually watched some old videos of his, there was no doubt that he was hugely talented and could have been incredible in F1.

But Adrian, similar to his cousin, wasn't playing clean.

It had been found out that there had been several moles in other teams that had been secretly helping Adrian in return for cash. And seeing as this was Formula 3, it wasn't a groundbreaking scandal that become world famous. And the reason that the cheating had been uncovered, well it was actually Jules who suspected something was off. It had been Jules who urged an investigation to be opened, and it was entirely credited to him that Adrian got disqualified from the drivers championship and his team from the constructor championship because Adrian himself and of course the team admitted to knowing about the cheating.

So Adrian had hated Jules. Hated him. He had posted something suggesting he was glad that Jules died when it had happened. I found the post last night and it just about broke my heart, that someone could wish ill on such a kind soul as Jules was. He was doing the right thing, trying to eliminate injustice in his sport. And I don't just say that Jules was an incredible person because of how close we were, he was so widely loved in every category he raced for. I would know, I grew up watching him.

Of course, upon hearing that his cousin was dating none other than Jules' godson, Adrian must have told everything to Eliot. And Eliot was no angel at that point either, it was revealed in the investigation that's almost concluded now that he had been involved in some illicit affairs under an alias, he had committed several crimes under that alias including ironically, identity theft. But Eliot Auclair, his biological name, was left untarnished.

While I don't know if Adrian is to blame for the abuse I suffered, I don't think so. I think that's just Eliot and how he is, and leaving hm truly was the best thing I could have done.