Gerards POV

The suns mean glare peeked through my blinds; striking my eyelids and waking me from my slumber.

what time is it?

my digital clock provided me with the answer: 8:03am.

I glanced at the ground; a boy lied there, legs poking out of the blankets from all sides and unruly hair splayed out on his pillow. He kept shuffling around every now and again, the look of discomfort on his face.

poor thing, his foots probably killing him. all cus of me being a fucking drama queen. I should make him breakfast.

I sleepily stumbled down the stairs, still being half asleep.

a dozen burnt pancakes later, I had finally managed to make the perfect stack for Frank. Man, I should not become a chef, I mentally noted down.

oh well, at least I'm the master of making coffee.

I concocted the perfect brew of coffee for Frank when I suddenly felt another presence enter the living room.

"Hey Mikey. Up so early?"

"Yeah, I couldn't go back to sleep. How come you're up? You barely leave your bed"
He wasn't wrong.

"I'm.. making breakfast for Frank. He got all banged up and hurt cus of me anyway so"

"Wait really? What happened dude." Mikey inquired

"Well, long story but.. I was outside last night and almost got hit by a truck and Frank saved me. He ended up like messing up his foot real badly and stuff."

"Oh damn, are you guys gonna go to the hospital?"
"Yeah", I nodded "think so"

I placed the plate of pancakes on the tray along with the cup of Joe.

"You gonna have your usual chocolate milk for Breakfast, Mikey?"

"Actually, can I try some of that coffee?"

I looked down at the coffee which was resting on the tray I was holding.
Ah, my little brothers growing up.
"Oh, of course, Mikey."
He held the cup in his small hands and lifted it timidly to his mouth, taking a sip of it.
A disgusted look formed on his face.
"Bleh, I think I'll stick with chocolate milk for now"
I smiled solemnly at him.
Maybe he's not growing up just yet.
"You're gonna do just fine, Mikey."
I told him while patting him on his head; he just stared at me sort of confused.

After climbing up the stairs with the heavy tray, I had made it to the room where Frank was lying in pain.
I gently shook his shoulder, noticing he was already stirring in his sleep anyways.
His breathing pattern was light and easy, so calm in such a bad state.
I noticed how the light beamed on his face from the blinds, too. But for him, it didn't harshly sear his face as it did for me, it softly warmed him, serving as a comfort for his slumber. I noticed how the light was glinting off his eyelashes, making him look angelic.
It shone off of his muscles, really defining them.
Wow, he's beautiful. Like, seriously. I don't think I've ever really noticed how gorgeous people can be, I never thought to think about it, I guess. Man, I just needed to really open my eyes; I feel like I've been blinded my whole life.

"Gerard?"

The sudden voice startled me out of my thoughts.
"Oh, hey, Frank." I said while giving him a pitiful smile.
"I made you breakfast cus of, yknow, everything" I looked away shyly.
"Wow— thank you, that wasn't necessary."
"Are you kidding me? Of course it was! You may have a broken bone cus of me. I promise I'll never act like that again, I was being a dumbass" I promised him.
He just chuckled with me and accepted the food.
I watched anxiously as he took a first bite of the pancakes, not being sure how he'd react.