Sudden Escape

[Marty wakes up but he accidentally stepped on Christian's tail.]

Christian: Ow! What the. [He saw Marty leaving the zoo.] Marty?

Melman: Uh oh.

Christian: Melman, where did you come from? Anyway go alert the others. We got a big problam.

[Melman nobbed as he go to Alex's exhibit.]

Alex: Come on, now, baby. My little filet. My little filet mignon with a little fat around the edges. I like that. I like a little fat on my steak. My sweet, juicy steak. You are a rare delicacy.

Melman: Alex. Alex. Alex. Alex. Alex!

Alex: What? What?

Melman: You suck your thumb?

Alex: What is it, Melman?

Melman: Okay, okay. Hoah. You know how I have that bladder infection and I have to get up every two hours? Well, I got up to pee, um, and looked over at Marty's pen, which you know I usually don't do. I don't know why, but I did. And this time I looked over and...

Alex: What, Melman? What's going on?

Christian: Let me handle this, okay. Alex you remember the birthday thing that will cheer him up, well Marty accidentally step my tail and-.

Alex: Guys, what are you talking about?

Melman: It's Marty. He's gone.

Alex: Gone?! [Hits in his head] Ah! What do you mean, "gone"?

Melman: How long has he been working on this? Marty! Marty!

Gloria: He wouldn't fit down there.

Alex: [Tries to look for Marty in the haystacks, noticing that he isn't there] Marty? Marty? Marty! Marty!

Gloria: This doesn't make any sense. Where would he go?

Alex: Connecticut!

Christian: He wouldn't.

Melman: Oh, no! What are we going to do? We gotta-- we gotta-- I mean, we gotta-- we gotta-- we gotta call somebody!

Alex: [Gasps as he calls 911] Hello? Get me some Missing Animals. And hurry. We've got a lost zebra probably on the way to Connecticut by now, and we're gonna need...

Police: [Only hears Alex roaring] Hello? Hello?

Alex: Wait a second. We can't call the people.

Police: What the...?!

Alex: [Destroys the phone] They'll be really mad! It'll get Marty transferred for good. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Gloria: Mm-hmm. I know that's right.

Alex: We got to go after him.

Melman: Go after him?

Christian: What are you saying? you want to be caught by the cops?!

Alex: He's not thinking straight. We gotta stop him from making the biggest mistake of his life. He's probably out there lost and cold, confused. Poor little guy.

Christian: Marty is going to Connecticut because he wants to be freed. And now you three want me to get involved?! Count me out!

Alex: But Christian.

Christian: Hey, I've got better things to do to tomorrow like... resting me hooves.

Gloria: Yeah, that looks fun. Why are you resting your hooves anyway?