LOST SOLACE

TWO YEARS LATER

AT HASTINAPUR

"I can't word out my happiness. I am proud of you duryodhana, my son"

"me too arya. It feels like a dream. I am sure you will a Great King putra, I have seen the way you have worked hard for three years"

"you are right beside tomorrow Pandavas are also coming"

"hmm, it feels nice to have such happiness and peace after a long time"

"yes"

Duryodhana lightly smiled listening to his parents though the smile slowly vanished as he remember past three years of his life and the life he was unknowingly going to ruin due to mama- Gandhar Raj.

It makes him remember the night he got the scroll from sahadeva while at night he subconsciously saved yudhishtir which was a turn for Hastinapur's future.

FLASHBACK

Duryodhana walk through the corridors with his jaw clenched before he notice a revelation as he walk towards the figure slowly, noticing the knife in his hands.

"it isn't going to change anything"

He serenely said as the figure trun around making him realise it is his eldest brother who look at him with glazed eyes like as if there are tears to speak but yudhishtir does not have energy to do it.

"I don't know why I-"

"manipulation, brainwash, mind control"

Duryodhana spoke as the yudhishtir sighed muttering "I don't know. I just-"

His voice were cracking but duryodhana did not said anything to comfort him..........how could he when his own comfort has vanished completely.

Yudhishtir put the knife aside before noticing a scroll in duryodhana's hand as he asked "this scroll?"

Duryodhana silently handed him the scroll making yudhishtir confuse before he read the whole scroll feeling outraged yet confused at the same time yet did not showed any expression while asking.

"is it truth?" Duryodhana shrugged as yudhishtir blinked before asking another question.

"who gave you this scroll?"

"sahadeva"

Yudhishtir pressed his lips tightly remembering how their youngest brother had tried to stop them but don't know why........just don't know why they did and didn't even stopped, scaring their brother away and making him hate-...........or disgust or what he is feeling? they don't know but sahadeva still didn't talked to them nor did they even tried, feeling to much shame, guilt and regret running through their veins.

As if duryodhana understood yudhishtir's inner turmoil and unspoken question, he replied "he did not said who gave him this or sent him nor did I pressured him"

Yudhishtir nodded before looking at duryodhana whose eyes are stilled at the scroll making him ask "what are you going to do then?"

"investigate, if came true then I will handle it myself"

Yudhishtir nodded before hesitantly asking "it was not you who put fire in lakshagriha or order to do so?"

Duryodhana shake his head before taking back the scroll from yudhishtir's hands as he turn around to leave only to get stopped by an offer.

"how about I help you......I mean we both investigate this matter?"

Duryodhana look at yudhishtir for a while, blankly before nodding as yudhishtir nodded too as they both went towards their respective rooms.