235-236

Chapter 235: accidentally eating a melon

jing hailan was not someone who would look for trouble for no reason. when attending banquets and cocktail parties, ordinary people would usually do whatever they wanted to be eye-catching. it was understandable that they would dress up prettily and be conspicuous. after all, the yu family did not announce to the public that this banquet was jiang rui’s family reunion banquet. everyone only thought that it was a banquet for yuxi to announce her return.

jing hailan had been an exchange student at the capital university for half a year, so he naturally knew xuan siyun, who had been an influential figure at the university.

Learn more
jing hailan would not have said anything if someone else had dressed up in such an eye-catching manner, because that person might not have known. However, this person was Xuan Siyun, Jiang Rui’s cousin. She was someone who knew that today was Jiang Rui’s family recognition Banquet.

Xuan Siyun’s attention was originally on Shi Yan.

shi yan’s appearance and temperament were excellent. when xuan siyun didn’t know that shi yan was interested in jiang che, it was hard for her to ignore her existence. After knowing that Shi Yan was interested in Jiang che and that she knew Shi Yan’s surname, Xuan Siyun couldn’t ignore her existence.

that day, after returning home from dinner, xuan siyun had sent someone to investigate shi yan.

the information she found made her feel greatly relieved.

She was just an orphan from the countryside and not a member of the Shi family, much less the eldest young lady of the Shi family in the capital who had never shown her face in public.

In this way, Shi Yan’s threat to her was reduced by half.

she clearly felt that shi yan wasn’t much of a threat, but after seeing the exquisitely dressed shi yan today, she couldn’t ignore shi yan’s existence.

shi yan just stood there. although the color of her gown was not the most eye-catching, although she was dressed in a standard way, and although she did not say a word and just stood quietly in the crowd, she was still noticeable.

At least, when this group of people came over, the first person she saw was Shi Yan.

upon hearing jing hailan’s words, xuan siyun shifted her attention from shi yan to jing hailan.

Learn more
She didn’t know who Jing Hailan was, but she could guess who he was.

since she had come to haicheng for business, she naturally knew who the people from the aristocratic families in haicheng were. she had a rough grasp of this information before she came.

without waiting for xuan siyun’s reply, jing hailan turned to jiang rui and shi yan and greeted them with a smile, ” “Rui ‘er, little sister Yan.”

He laughed as arrogantly as ever.

Shi Yan smiled at her as a form of greeting.

Jiang Rui continued what she had just said, smiling. it’s normal that you haven’t seen sister hai LAN. She’s from my mother’s side of the family. She’s my cousin, the eldest daughter of the Xuan family in the capital, Xuan Siyun.

Jing Hailan then looked at Xuan Siyun and said, ” “so it’s the eldest miss of house xuan. i’ve been disrespectful.”

“I rarely come to Haicheng, so it’s normal that this lady doesn’t recognize me.”

as she spoke, she turned to jiang rui.

“shi yan, we meet again.” she looked at shi yan, who was standing beside jiang rui.