Chapter - 06

Surprise

“This winter is colder than previous ones. Strangely enough, having someone worry about you somehow warms your heart… Wow, how sweet. A person in love is truly in love.” Vee says after reading the sentence that Sun is writing on the piece of paper.

"What? A romance should be sweet. Want me to add some drama?” Sun counters. She is writing a play for the literature club she selected.

"What it is. I bet you could write a love scene even if you were writing a horror story. You are exuding a pink aura.” Kongkwan joins the provocation.

"No. Why do you keep provoking me? I already said we’re just talking.”

“The two of them didn’t mention anyone, Sun.” Deer mentions; Sun feels like he made a mistake again.

DING!

– O -: I'm not going to the course today. I'm going to have dinner at my grandfather's house.

– O -: Maybe I don't check my cell phone often.

Earth's message arrives with perfect timing . Fortunately, her friends are polite enough not to crane their necks and peek, despite the curiosity on their faces.

“Earth?” Vee asks.

"Yes."

"What did he say?" Vee presses. Your friends are indeed curious. Their curiosity is above average.

"Anything. He said he's going to dinner at his grandfather's house tonight. Just that."

“Does he need to keep you updated like this? You’re not dating, are you?” Deer sounds excited.

“This is crazy! I already said we are not. We are internet friends.”

“Have you seen his face?” Kongkwan asks.

"No."

“Ugh, what the hell? Haven't you guys been talking for months? Why haven’t you asked for a photo of him yet?” Vee complains, upset because she was about to ask to see Earth's face. Sun is lovable and friendly, but not easily won over. She moved to this school almost two semesters ago and has been hit on by dozens of people. Not to mention the fifty students who have a crush on her. However, none of them intrigued Sun or aroused her feelings like they do now. This Earth must be something more.

“Don’t you want to see his face, Sun?” Deer's question draws a sigh from Sun.

“I want to, but I don’t want to pressure him. I asked who he was, but he didn't want to tell me, saying that I wouldn't talk to him again if I knew who he was. He always seems uncomfortable when I ask things like this. Since we started talking, Earth has never asked or done anything to make me uncomfortable, so I don't want to make him feel that way.”

“Aren’t you uncomfortable with how things are now? I would be, if it were me. You talk every day, but you don’t know who you’re talking to.” Kongkwan says.

“Why don’t you try asking him again? Since you're closer now, maybe he'll let you see his face.” Vee suggests.

“Yes… I will try to find an opportunity to ask.”

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

On Sun's side, her friends were trying to get an answer out of her. For Ongsa, however, no one cares or notices anything, because Ongsa has always been addicted to her cell phone. Although she has never posted photos on Instagram and only snoops on others, and her Facebook account is eerily quiet, as if the owner were dead, her Twitter account is active every ten seconds. Furthermore, she had about a hundred of them. Therefore, Ongsa glued to her cell phone all day was nothing new to her friends.