Spacial Part 3

They say people change daily. Thinking that a person will always be the same is 'ridiculous'.

And truth.

Nothing lasts forever. Everything is destined to change.

…Just like love…

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

[ 17 years old ]

“Sun, did Pai ask you to chaperone the eighth graders and first years at orientation camp?”

“She didn’t need it. Pinky begged me earlier.”

"Begged? What you mean?"

“She just found out that her parents are going to take the whole family to visit relatives in China after confirming to Mr. Vichit that she would be the chaperone. Realizing she couldn't go, she begged me to go in her place. Why do you ask? Did Father ask you?”

"Yes. In fact, she asked the three of us to go, saying that she won't be able to because she's graduating this year. She was looking for other people to go in her place.”

"You are going?"

“That’s why I’m asking you.”

“…?”

“If you go, I will.”

“You’re supposed to take care of minors, not your girlfriend.”

“I can't do anything. It would be horrible to have first-year students hitting on you.”

“Possessive.”

"That's right."

Ongsa admits. How can she not be possessive when her girlfriend is so wonderful?

“Ah, Sun, we will take the entrance exam next year. Have you decided what you want to study?”

“I'm still hesitant. I don't really know what I like. I need to figure out what I really want first. I don’t want to waste my time on things that don’t interest me.”

“Um… You’re right. I spoke to Tinh and Charoen yesterday. Tinh said a lot of seniors take a year off.”

"And you? Have you decided yet?”

“Well… I've been thinking about it, but I don't know if I'll be able to. It’s quite complicated for a person like me.”

"You can. This beautiful girl here will be your guardian.”

“Wow, so beautiful…”

"You and a bag…"

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

[ 18 years old ]

"What?!! Why didn’t you tell me earlier, Sun?!”

“Well… I just made up my mind.”

Is not true. Sun only had the courage to tell Ongsa now.

“Why, Sun? Why do you need to go?”

“I don’t want to make a wrong decision. The future is very important. I want to make sure you don’t choose the wrong path.”

“But why do you need to go so far?”

“If I stay here, in the same environment with the same experience, nothing will change. In the end, I won’t be able to figure out what I like.”

“But in the United States… for a year. What about me, Sun? Didn’t you consider how I would feel?” Ongsa says sadly. Your girlfriend suddenly said that she is going to move to the United States for a year to have new experiences and discover her interests, and she revealed this two weeks before the second semester finals. That's the worst. How should Ongsa feel?