Chapter - 12

You don’t have to be like anyone else

After making their relationship official that afternoon, Ongsa and Sun updated their Facebook relationship status from 'single' to 'in a serious relationship'. As expected, Sun receives a lot of reactions. Everyone wonders if it's true or if she just changed her status as a joke. If Sun is dating someone, who would be the lucky one? How beautiful is he to win the heart of the most beautiful girl of the generation, known for not being easily shaken? More importantly, why didn't Sun mention the person?

Ongsa also changes his status some time later. As expected, the terrible girl in the class only receives Tinh's message an hour later, asking if she is in a relationship with Sun. Furthermore, some just liked her status without thinking much about it. Nobody commented anything. This is Ongsa, guys.

DING!

The LINE notification appears. Ongsa thinks it's Sun, but she's wrong. The person is not Sun, and Ongsa wasn't expecting a text from him.

Ton: Ongsa

Ton: I'm heartbroken.

Ton: Sun is dating someone.

Ton: T^T

Ongsa stays quiet for a long time after reading Ton's message. She feels guilty, but what can she do? Love is not the Thai red cross society. You can't help everyone. Furthermore, she never wanted to share Sun with anyone.

I'm sorry, Tony.

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

It surprises Ongsa that Sun called her to meet at the library, their regular meeting point, saying he needs to talk to her about something. Ongsa texts Sun, asking what it's about, but Sun doesn't respond. After classes, a confused Ongsa waits for Sun, trying to figure out what Sun wants to talk about. She wouldn't break up with her after two days of dating, would she?

“Ongsa.”

Ongsa immediately knows whose voice it is without turning around.

“Did you wait long?” Sun settles down next to her.

"Just a little. What it was?"

“I just wanted to know if anyone asked you about… us.”

The words 'about us' somehow make Ongsa blush – /// –

"Nobody. I don't have many friends on Facebook. I also blocked my relatives.”

“Oh.”

“Did you want to see me to ask that?”

"Yes."

“You could have called me.”

“I wanted to see my girlfriend. I can't?"

Here it is. Ongsa gets all shy being directly flirted. It doesn't last long, because fate is about to play a trick on her without warning.

“Sun.” Someone calls, and it's not Ongsa. Ongsa and Sun turn to the voice and see Sun's three friends staring at them threateningly.

“I knew something was wrong. You never told us who you were dating when we asked. That’s why, huh?” Deer says, disapproving of what she witnessed.

“Is this the person you’re dating?” Vee asks in a serious voice that makes Ongsa worry about Sun's answer.

"Yes. This is Ongsa, my girlfriend.”

“Are you dating a girl? Are you a lesbian, Sun? You must have lost your mind.” Says Kongkwan, Sun's closest friend, as if she can't believe what she's hearing.