Chapter - 07

Sinking

We do stupid things a lot of times. For example…

Let's go... where we shouldn't go.

We do… things we shouldn't do.

We feel… what we shouldn’t feel.

We even love… someone we shouldn't love.

“You ask her.”

"No. You ask."

“You should ask, after all, you’re the one who wants to know.”

“Ugh… like you don’t want it either.”

"You are a man. Ask."

“Don’t try to demand women’s rights now. I'm younger than you, Charoen. Hey, let’s decide with rock, paper, scissors.”

"Right."

"Rock Paper Scissors!! Shit… I lost.”

“Gooooo.”

"Very good."

Tinh walks to her best friend's side, who looks like a lifeless body since the morning.

“Ongsa.”

“…”

"How are you feeling?"

“…”

“You can open your heart to us.” Charoen adds.

“…”

“We may not be able to help, but we can hear you. Don’t keep these things to yourself.” Tinh, worried, caresses his friend's shoulder.

"Yes I know. Thank you, but I'm fine.”

The 'I'm fine' and the vision in front of his friends contrast with each other. But since Ongsa isn't ready to talk, it's not good to pressure her. Both of her friends can only watch from afar.

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

…Earth disappeared…

He didn't respond to her messages anymore. It doesn't even show that it was read. Sun is restless, wondering what happened to him. Although Earth had once misunderstood her and Nai and was almost never slow to respond, he had never disappeared or ignored her messages like that. Earth has been silent for a day, but for those waiting...

It's a long time... and tormenting.

“Sun, do you want to go to that noodle restaurant Deer talked about this afternoon?” Vee asks.

“I need to go to the cram school.”

“Ugh… we can eat before you go. Is not fair. Come on, let’s go together.” Vee tries to persuade.

"Come on, Sun. I'm going too." Kongkwan joins the conversation. They attend the same cram school, so she is closest to Sun. Furthermore, since they spend more time with each other, Kongkwan noticed Sun's peculiar behavior throughout the day. She just didn't say anything because she didn't want to interfere in her friend's life.

"Beauty. I go."

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

“It’s for the best, I tell you.”

"You think?"

"Yes. That place is really good.”

“Is it far?”

“Just turn left and we’re there.”

This is Tinh and Charoen's conversation while they are on their way to a restaurant for dinner. These three best friends just eat together every now and then. Yes that's right. There are three of them, but one of them remains silent. To be precise, Ongsa barely spoke a word all day.