Chapter - 14

I can’t love you, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you

The announcement of Sun and Ongsa's relationship became the talk of the school overnight. The popular girl and the terrible girl with rising popularity. Of course, they are the center of attention. Some people think they changed their status for fun. However, when their classmates tease them and they don't deny it, the others start to believe that Ongsa and Sun are really dating. Even if Ongsa wasn't popular like he is now, Sun revealing that he is dating a girl would be criticized anyway.

'I'm shocked, bro. Two beautiful girls dating, not giving a hot guy like me a chance.'

'When did you start dating? Spit it out.'

'That explains why Sun acted like he was going to break my neck when I asked for a photo with Ongsa.'

Blah blah blah. More and more. The unusual comment belongs to a tenth grader.

'I shipped you two months ago. I knew there was something between you two. I didn't expect them to actually be dating. What a massaaaaaa.'

She even attached photos from her senior year's volunteer camp. They show typical activities, but if you look carefully, you will notice Ongsa looking at Sun and vice versa in all the photos. The craziest thing is the photo of Tinh, Ongsa and Charoen from last semester, where Ongsa is giving a peace sign. Someone noticed it was the same band-aid finger that Sun posted with a caption, "How cute." Apparently everyone knew they had been dating for a long time.

The announcement is in theory well received, to Ongsa's relief, but that's not all. Someone left a comment on Sun's photo showing Ongsa the finger.

'You didn't tell me back then that you preferred fingers. You have deceived me for so long.'

Some other people left vulgar comments there out of recklessness or anger at Sun dating her. Although other people defended them in the comments. Still, even though the number of negative responses is low, they hurt Ongsa's feelings significantly. She never wanted to be the reason Sun was seen in a negative light. That's how Ongsa has felt since the first day she realized she was in love with Sun, and she still feels that way to this day.

☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

“Ongsa, Alpha.”

“Oh, Bing. What brings you here?" Alpha asks when her mother's friend's daughter appears out of nowhere at the cram school.

"I study here."

"Huh? Since when? I’ve never seen you here before.” Alpha asks again.

“I've been studying here for two weeks. I used to take private lessons at home, but my mother wanted me to study more, so she enrolled me here.”

“Ah… the pre-university course, right? Which university do you intend to go to?” Ongsa asks. She mostly doesn't care about other people's affairs, but this girl is her mother's friend's daughter. They grew up and played together. They are very close.

“My mother wants me to apply to Triam Udom Suksa University.”

"And you?"

“Triam.”

“Triam Udom Suksa?”

"Nor. I wish. I wouldn't be accepted. I'm stupid. I can’t compete with anyone.”

“What are you talking about, kids?” Bing's mother approaches before they talk further.

“Hello, Aunt Bee.” the two sisters greet at the same time.