04

"Why am I here..?" Alexander breathed out, feeling small under Naomi's hard gaze, while still trying to register the quick change of scenery.

"You- you did exactly what I told you not to do!" Naomi yelled, the red-haired angel wishing he could sink even deeper into the black leather chair.

The air that hung around them was immensely tense, each angel staying silent.

"I'm sorry, Naomi."

"The hell you are," Naomi spat, taking a step towards him, making the angel wince, "If you really cared about Heaven, you wouldn't have shown him your wings."

"I do care about Heaven," Alexander replied, his voice hardly a whisper, "But I care about him, too."

The other angel scoffed, a dry laugh escaping her throat. "I hope you don't think that this action will go without punishment."

Alexander's eyes widened, his heart pounding against his ribs, practically begging to get out. "No- no- please, Naomi-, I promise I'll kill them- please!" He begged, his voice cracking.

Naomi clicked her tongue, a look of false pity crossing her face. "Oh, you poor, poor angel. But this is a lesson you'll have to learn. We can't risk any repeats in the future."

She snapped her fingers, the office morphing around them into a cell, the superior angel on the other side.

"I'll be back. Hopefully, it will be with something that will be able to scratch the surface of the punishment you deserve." Naomi said, teasing venom dripping from her words.

"You're a horrible person, Naomi," Alexander growled, forcing his voice to sound intimidating, even though he was as good as terrified.

Naomi smiled softly, the fake pity showing on her face again. "I know."

With the click of her heels down the hallway, she was gone, leaving Alexander in the now all white room. He simply hated them. It was just endless whiteness each way, but no matter how far you went, you never went anywhere. It was exhausting, even if you tried to stay put.

And time, time wasn't the same for an angel as it was for a human, but it moved so slow in the room. It wasn't exactly manageable either, considering the nothingness.

Hours, though, is what Alexander predicted. Then, hours turned into days. And then the voices started.

The angel was convinced he was going mad until they became louder and louder, and he realized who the voices belonged to.

"Lex, I don't- I don't know if you're up there, but if you are, I- I miss you. Come home, please. If you can. If you can't, we're working on it, I promise. We have leads, but- but we can't find anything. I'm gonna try to talk to Crowley and see if there's anything he can do. I miss you, Lex, and I- I love you."

"Hey, Xander. Uh- Cas was the one who encouraged me to do this. I've never- never been much of a prayer, but we miss you, man. We want you to come home. We need you to come home. Sam- Sam is the one who really needs you. He hasn't been sleeping right, or eating right, or doing anything right, really. He told me about what you did before you disappeared, though. I remember when Cas did the same for me. I think you and Sam will be nice, even if I might be an asshole brother-in-law."

Their words were dripping with worry, drifting around Alexander like smoke, clinging to him like cobwebs. He could feel the weight of their prayers in his chest.

The screams escaped his throat, and he just kept screaming. Screaming at Naomi, screaming for Sam or Dean, screaming for anyone who could hear him. He kept going until his throat was raw, the angel sinking to his knees.

Each prayer chipped away at his resolve, leaving him feeling hollowed out, a shell. The weight of their hopes threatened to crush him. A bitter pang of helplessness overwhelmed him, forcing Alexander to pull his knees to his chest.

"Alexander, brother. We're coming, be patient."