07

Nobody was here. Alexander had told himself that countless times. He couldn't risk them finding out he was doing this, but he had to.

Sam, Dean, and Castiels voice wasn't the only voice he heard in the white. Although their voices provided comfort, they also did one more thing. They proved that the voices weren't just in his head. He talked to him in the white, and he had to find out why.

Alexander would have preferred to do this in Heaven, but he wasn't welcome there anymore, no matter how much it hurt, so he had to make due. Besides, his father could hear him anywhere, right?

The angel couldn't forget his father's words, no matter how hard he tried. They repeated in his head, as clear as when he first heard them.

"Este, Taylor, Alexander, Amelia, Asher, Rory, Chloe."

There were 6 other angels, all of them still working for the superiors in Heaven, last Alexander knew anyway. He could only assume his father wanted him to find them, to bring all of them together, including him, but how was he supposed to do that if he couldn't get into Heaven? That's why he needed to talk to him. That's why he had been so eager to get Sam and Dean out of the Bunker and on their hunt as soon as possible, even though he really didn't want them to go.

Alexander needed answers, and his father was the only one who could give them to him. He dropped to his knees, subconsciously remembering all that he was taught. How to pray, why to pray. This wasn't exactly on the list of reasons, but it deserved to be.

"Father, who art in heaven, I pray for answers. I pray for them because I understand I have been given a purpose better than what I have had previously. I do hope you understand that Heaven does not want me there. I haven't quite been exciled, but I expect that if I try to go home, I will be. That is why I pray for answers. Please."

Silence. More silence. Alexander sighed. Has he wasted time?

Voices. Not the kind the angel had been hoping for, but the Lord worked in mysterious ways. That's what Castiel had always said, anyway.

They were coming from right outside the Bunker, and they did a positively great job at getting drawing him towards them. Perhaps it was stupid. No, it was stupid, but they were right there. Right outside of the door.

Alexander's feet had carried him there, although he had no recollection of it. He was just there. There without really knowing how he got there.

The outside air wasn't clear like he had expected. Instead, it hung with repulsing tension. The angel stayed on the opposite side of the threshold.

"Why are you here?"

Naomi smiled, her snake in the Garden of Eden kind of smile.

"You prayed, Alexander. That was your mistake."

Alexander shook his head, his golden eyes narrow.

"That's not something you should be able to find me by. It never is. You did something. It had nothing to do with me praying," Alexanded replied, his voice stern to hide the laces of confusion.

"It doesn't matter how I found you. It just matters that I did. You're going to face your punishment for disobeying, Alexander."

The red-haired angel took a step back, the railing of the stairway grazing him, shooting goosebumps across his body.

"No." His voice cracked. Why did his voice have to crack?

Naomi's smile never fell as two other angels appeared behind her.