10

Gabriel sat in the leather chair opposite of the wooden desk littered with paper. It was chaotic, but from a man like this, that didn't surprise him.

The first thing the archangel noticed when he walked in, was the state of his vessel. It was clear he was letting it go, putting the new gospels before anything else, even Heaven.

The man seated himself at the desk, organizing a few pieces of paper before folding his hands in front of him and giving Gabriel his full attention.

"Why are you here?" He questioned simply, making Gabriel chuckle dryly.

"Don't act like you don't have a damn clue. You know exactly why I'm here."

"Apparently so."

Gabriel wanted to hit him, really, really bad, but he knew he couldn't. Lucky bastard.

The man picked up a few more pieces of paper, sorting them by their page numbers before putting them in the same pile as the papers from before. It was clear he had been working on that project for a while, as the stack was several inches thick.

"Is that your new play-toy?" Gabriel asked sarcastically, gesturing to the papers.

The man glared at him. "Where did I go wrong with you?"

The archangel grinned, a testing look in his eyes.

"You know this isn't just some play-toy, Gabriel. This is very important, for us and for humanity," He informed sternly, pushing his glasses up before continuing his work.

"Then tell me why you're treating it like that. If this is serious, then what the hell are you doing? You're treating these angels like dolls, moving them around to where you want them to be. What do you thinks going to come out of this?" Gabriel snapped, tired of the man who seemed not to care that he was there at all.

"I am not treating them like dolls. I know exactly what I'm doing. Stay out of my way, Gabriel." He replied in a tone similar to the archangels.

He scoffed. "Then why the hell did you bring Alexander back? I know that was you. I know that your the only one who can control him."

The man chuckled, shaking his head, but failing to say anything. This ticked Gabriel off immensely.

"What? Why the hell are you laughing? This is my brother we're talking about!"

"I might be able to control him, but he's doing exactly what I want him to, Gabriel. He's playing right into what I want him to do," The man replied.

Gabriel furrowed his brow, the puzzle pieces in his head clicking together. "You're using him to bring all of them together, aren't you?"