06

"They keep the front door unlocked, or do I need to use more of my magic mojo? Because I won't be complaining," Gabriel asked, a grin forming on his face.

Castiel was starting to become a little annoyed at him. "The doors not exactly unlocked, but-" the brunette angel placed his hands on each of their shoulders, "-Damn it."

"Did they angel-proof it?" Alexander questioned, furrowing his brow as his brother nodded in response.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll call them," Gabriel grumbled, walking a few feet away before pulling out his phone.

The red-haired angel crossed his arms across his chest, trying to feel closer to himself then he knew he was. "Castiel, do you- do you think the Winchesters want me back?"

The sound of Gabriel on the phone a few feet away from them was the only thing that kept them afloat in the tense silence between them.

"What makes you think that?" Castiel questioned, his voice lower than usual.

"They know, don't they? I- I was supposed to kill them. The only reason I came here, the only reason I met them, was to kill them. Why- why would they trust me after learning that?"

"The Winchesters are coming, they took care of the proofing." Gabriel informed, interrupting Castiel before he could reply to Alexander. By the look on his face, though, Alexander could tell that this subject wouldn't be dropped.

"Do they know about Alexander?" Gabriel shook his head. "Figured it'd be a pleasant surprise."

The sound of the Bunker door opening split through the silence.

"Did you get him-?" Sam questioned eagerly, pausing, Dean nearly running into him.

A smile wide enough to split his face crossed Alexander's face. "Hello, Sam."

Sam collided with him, hugging the angel as tight as he could. Alexander buried his face in the hunters leather jacket, the smell bringing more reassurance than anything he'd ever felt.

A choked laugh left Sam as he held Lex at arms length. "Does this- does this technically count as you dying and coming back?"

Lex chuckled. "Not technically." Sam shrugged in response, the giddy smile never leaving his face. "I'm not complaining."

Dean cleared his throat, making Cas and Gabriel share an amused glance.

"Okay, lovebirds. You can kiss and make out later. Right now, Xander can get his ass over here and give me a hug," Dean said, "Unless you don't want it?-" The angel had his arms wrapped around Dean before he could finish his sentence.

"I didn't think you liked hugs," Lex mumbled, the hunter shrugging. "What can I say? I was told you give good ones, didn't want to miss the opportunity."

"Cute," Gabriel grumbled sarcastically, "Can we go inside now? I wanna see the Winchester bat-cave."

°•■•°𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖇𝖎𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖗𝖆𝖈𝖊°•■•°

The sound of Cas, Gabriel, and Dean laughing and talking in the library drifted to Sam's room, a relentless counterpoint to the nervous drumming of his fingers on his desk. Lex sat sprawled on the bed in the corner of the room, oblivious to Sam's internal storm. The hunter wondered how he was so content there, while so many feelings were swirling inside of him.

Now, though, a strange quiet had fallen. Lex's usual easy grin was absent, replaced by a thoughtful frown as he stared at the ceiling. The air crackled with a shift of mood, Sam knowing exactly who it was from.

"Hey," Sam finally blurted, the word tumbling out clumsily. "Everything okay?"

Lex looked up, his golden eyes holding a flicker of something Sam couldn't decipher. "Yeah, fine. Just... thinking."

Sam knew better. He pushed himself away from the desk and walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge of it. He couldn't keep pretending anymore. Not with himself, not with Lex.

"There's something you're not saying, Lex," he said, his voice barely a whisper.

He heard Lex sigh, then the soft creak of the bed as he sat up. The room was bathed in the dim glow of the desk lamp, casting long shadows that danced on the walls. Lex was close, closer than they'd ever been, even when the angel had gone so far as to show him his wings. Sam could feel the warmth radiating from his body, a comforting contrast to the sudden chill that had gripped him.

"It's stupid," Lex mumbled, his voice thick with something that sounded suspiciously like emotion.

Sam turned to face him, his heart hammering. "It's not stupid if it's bothering you."

Lex hesitated, then reached out, a hesitant finger tracing a path along Sam's forearm. The unexpected touch sent a jolt through Sam. "I've spent so long with humans," Lex began, his voice just above a whisper, "And- and never once have any of them made me feel the way you make me feel."

Sam's breath caught in his throat. "What feeling?"

Lex's gaze flickered up, meeting Sam's. The air crackled with unspoken desires. Slowly, as if in a dream, Lex leaned in, his breath warm against Sam's lips. Time seemed to suspend itself. Then, with a tenderness that surprised them both, their lips met.

It was a hesitant kiss, a question more than a declaration. But as their lips lingered, a spark ignited. The kiss deepened, filled with a yearning neither of them knew they possessed. When they finally pulled apart, breathless and slightly dazed, giddy smiles crossed both of their lips.

"Wow," Sam breathed, his eyes wide. "Lex..."

Sam couldn't really find the words, but the look in Lex's eyes told him he got the point.

"I suppose I can check that off my bucket list," Lex said, chuckling dryly.

The hunter laughed too, although he tilted his head in confusion. "Are you- did you learn sarcasm, or do you actually have a bucket list?"

A small silence fell between them, but there wasn't even the slightest bit of tension.